Pre-match thread

wedge

1 minute ago, imavillan said:

Same here.

What i got from it was that Tom Ross is a bell end. I mean, i already new that but his questions here just reaffirmed it.

How on earth this bloke has made a career in the media is beyond me. Clown.

He seems to have been around for ever too, I remember him being on BBC WM or maybe BRMB when I was a kid in my dad’s car… a bellend then and a bellend now! 😂 

• Like 2

I was feeling a lot of self-pity about our injuries, but then I looked at some other Premier League clubs and see it's just that time of the season, apparently, because it could be worse for us. Newcastle are in such bad shape, as are Spurs. Torres being gone really stings, because it was like he and Unai really figured out a cool way to deal with Mings' injury and then -- blam! -- that's gone. 

I think we need to stay on the front foot in this one. I actually sort of worry about MORE injuries because of the inevitable physicality of this match.

2-3

Edited by Marka Ragnos

54 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I was feeling a lot of self-pity about our injuries, but then I looked at some other Premier League clubs and see it's just that time of the season, apparently, because it could be worse for us. Newcastle are in such bad shape, as are Spurs. Torres being gone really stings, because it was like he and Unai really figured out a cool way to deal with Mings' injury and then -- blam! -- that's gone. 

I think we need to stay on the front foot in this one. I actually sort of worry about MORE injuries because of the inevitable physicality of this match.

and we are playing a really intense game on Tuesday evening against Newcastle so really need this game to be a quiet match.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

A lot have a bad feeling about this one. Me included. When that is normally the case we get pleasantly surprised.

Unless we expect it to happen :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Some of the suggestions for who should play are off the scale. Oslen, Tim, Zaniolo, Chambers!?

It's as if people want us to get knocked out.

We have to play our strongest 11 and even then, with Torres out, this is going to be a very hard game and I'd bite your hand off for a draw.

48 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

We have to play our strongest 11 and even then, with Torres out, this is going to be a very hard game and I'd bite your hand off for a draw.

When would a replay be?

46 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Some of the suggestions for who should play are off the scale. Oslen, Tim, Zaniolo, Chambers!?

It's as if people want us to get knocked out.

If it was a league game I'd probably agree, but not sure we really need an extra game into what will be a busy period once European competition starts again. 

I think both sides will look to win it tonight, which should make it a decent game.

As others have said, no Torres, is the one that worries me most.

I think we might lose 2-1, but come back with two back to back victories in the league. 

Be nice for wins in all 3 of course 🙏

Just now, WakefieldVillan said:

If it was a league game I'd probably agree, but not sure we really need an extra game into what will be a busy period once European competition starts again. 

I think both sides will look to win it tonight, which should make it a decent game.

As others have said, no Torres, is the one that worries me most.

I think we might lose 2-1, but come back with two back to back victories in the league. 

Be nice for wins in all 3 of course 🙏

Be very hard without Torres amd no way we win all 3.

I don't see why we shouldn't take the FA Cup seriously. Win tonight and we are 2 games from Wembley!

Sadly, I expect this to be our last game in this season's competition.

1 minute ago, GlobalVillan said:

Be very hard without Torres amd no way we win all 3.

I don't see why we shouldn't take the FA Cup seriously. Win tonight and we are 2 games from Wembley!

Sadly, I expect this to be our last game in this season's competition.

Oh I agree, we should take it seriously, but I'm like you in that not feeling too confident. But you never know...

Disappointing to find out this isn’t being televised in the UK, I’m sure the BBC or ITV have enough channels to be able to show multiple games. 

Like others I’m not feeling overly confident we’ll win tonight. A mixture of having Torres out and our recent form being patchy, has dampened my expectations a bit. I’d like us to go through but won’t me mega disappointed if we don’t, however I would like to see a better performance. I want to see the energy back in our play, the zip and pace in our passing needs to return. I can take a loss if the performance looks back to the levels we’ve played at for the majority of the last year.