Pre-match thread

wedge

14 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

Winning things is what sport is all about, and we haven’t won anything since 1996. The FA Cup would be a lifetime first for so many fans and nobody could ever take it away from us no matter what happens in future. 

However, I do get the preference for finishing 4th. The revenue jump is a sad requirement of the modern game if we’re to keep our top players and continue to invest. With regular CL football we will keep improving the team and with that, our chances of winning the FA Cup increase. 

Im not sure it’s actually a choice to prioritise one over the other anyway. We try to win every game, I’m sure. And if we end up in the Semis then I’m sure we’ll go all out to win it. All we can do for now is try and win tonight and take it from there. 

The club secretary could find a way I'm sure

30 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

4th (or 5th) would obviously be nice too... But to see us win something again, surely that's what it's all about? 

Ah, the Great Cup Vs. League Place Debate rears its sphinx head. 😉

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

I'm slightly insulted they're playing Gilchrist when they could have brought Chilwell into the side.

They’ve played quite a bit of football recently though, and they’ve got more fixtures coming