1. 1. What is your preference in order from most preferred to least

• Lerner shield, Current round badge, New shield
    • Lerner shield, New shield badge, Current round badge
    • Round badge, Lerner shield, New shield
    • Round badge, New shield, Lerner shield
    • New shield, Lerner shield, Current round badge
    • New shield, Current round badge, Lerner shield

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/01/24 at 18:35

52 minutes ago, villan95 said:

aston%20villa%20new%20logo%20(1).jpg

Round badge is so much better than the other two. 

I'm not saying the round badge is brilliant in its current form, but in the valley of the blind, the one eyed man is king. 

• Like 2

The new one actually looks good. Can someone do a comparison of all the prem badges—one version with the round one and one with the new one? I bet we have more of an identity with the new one (that's also consistent with the last 15 years).

I really don't like the yellow and blue, but the design is better than the other two.

Posted (edited)

So say, three points for a win - i.e first choice. One point if chosen as a second preference?

Currently the round badge has 41 first preference votes. And has 4 second preference votes.

So 41 x 3 = 123, then add 4, would be a score of 127.

The others -

Lerner badge 45.

New shield 28.

Make it 2 points for a win if you want.

Round 86

Lerner 40

New 24

Currently.

Edited by Mark Albrighton
  • Like 1

I mocked up three comparisons using a picture I found online. I've had to do them in three posts because I can't get round the image size limitations as I'm simple.

I think this has more white than the current badge, but it is nowhere near as good as the redesign. I hear people thinking the round badge is best, but I think you're all mad! 😉

BadgeLerner2.jpg

Edited by Rolta

I labelled this jpeg 'round is boring' for a reason. This badge fades away among all the other round badges (the background colour doesn't help to be fair).

Badgeroundisboring copy.jpg

Edited by Rolta
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Rolta said:

It's arguably one of the best badges of the whole bunch. There are some horrors though (and it's obvs not this season).

Badgenew copy.jpg

It’s one of the worst on there.  There are some bad ones on there but we are one of the worst.  

Jeez you’ve depressed me further. 😢

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Rolta said:

I labelled this jpeg 'round is boring' for a reason. This badge fades away among all the other round badges (the background colour doesn't help to be fair).

Badgeroundisboring copy.jpg

I have always disagreed with the idea that doesn't stand out. Maybe it looks a tad small compared to Arsenal but that's about it. You can even  see our name clearer there than you can with say Brighton, Liverpool or West Ham. 

I honestly think some of the Chelsea trolling last year affected how some perceive it. Bollocks to Chelski.

Edit: bloody hell. Everyone bangs on about how great the Spurs badge is. I honestly couldn't see it there, had to search for it!

Edited by Captain_Townsend
  • Like 1

I tried to not lead it in any way with the OP but I expected the round one then the Lerner version to be the preferred options. 85% preferring the round version though, damn.

We're not a perfect sample of Villa supporters, by any means, but it's very hard to believe that Heck has a remit to foist this badge on the club.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

It just looks so shit with Aston Villa at the bottom of it, can’t think of any team that has the name on the bottom of the badge

Everton by the looks of things

1 hour ago, Marka Ragnos said:

In all these badge threads, I agree with most of people's preferences except when they begin to offer logic or illogic to support their preferences. If there's one thing all this badge nonsense makes clear, it's that preferences are preferences, and often better for what they are -- honest, gut-level -- than all the cleverclogs rationales in the world.

Disagree, there are well established rules of design for a reason

39 minutes ago, rbcuk said:

It just looks so shit with Aston Villa at the bottom of it, can’t think of any team that has the name on the bottom of the badge

That's the worst thing for me. The name should be at the top, it becomes more prominent and more balanced, even if still shit

• Like 2