1. 1. What is your preference in order from most preferred to least

• Lerner shield, Current round badge, New shield
    • Lerner shield, New shield badge, Current round badge
    • Round badge, Lerner shield, New shield
    • Round badge, New shield, Lerner shield
    • New shield, Lerner shield, Current round badge
    • New shield, Current round badge, Lerner shield

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/01/24 at 18:35

16 minutes ago, allani said:

I quite like the claret and blue quarters kit that we played in during the 19th Century.  That doesn't mean that I think our kit for next season should feature claret and blue quarters.

Please delete your message.  We don’t want Heck getting ideas!

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, allani said:

I quite like the claret and blue quarters kit that we played in during the 19th Century.  That doesn't mean that I think our kit for next season should feature claret and blue quarters.

I think we're drifting from the original point now which wasn't what your preferable badge or design would be so lets just leave it there otherwise we'll go round in circles.  

50 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Yes. And they're why exit polls are always almost incorrect at predicting the outcome of an election.

A poll of 16,000 fans with overwhelming majorities like 80% are not the same as errors in exit polls 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

The round one is the best of the three. It’s the favoured of the three by some distance on here, the consensus so far suggests (there are a few days left of the poll, I can’t imagine the voting is going to move much now).

Doesn’t mean there aren’t issues with the round badge. 

I do think more people dislike this new shield design, whatever it proves to be, than disliked the round the one when it appeared. My sense is that around half of the supporters liked/loved the round one, or just vaguely content. The other half either don’t like it or are meh about it (the meh crowd being a bit like the vaguely content crowd).

This new shield one, it really feels like it’s 90% + who dislike it. And not just on VT. Positive comments are few and far between.

The new leaked one has all the problems of the Lerner one plus the additional baggage of the farcical 2 year process. It’s no wonder people don’t like it. Add to that it looks like a low quality fan made badge design from about 10 years ago, too.

But the round badge is honestly a 5 or 6 out of 10 effort, which is better than the 1/10 new one, it’s not bad but it’s not particularly good or distinctive either. There seems to be a slightly obsessive view held by some that the badge has to be a circle even though for the majority of villa’s existence, they haven’t had a circular badge.

There is so much potential to create a far better badge than either the new one or the circle one. I just don’t get why after all of this they’ve basically gone back to the Lerner design. Even the fan made versions of the new one look far better than what they’ve come up with. If the new leaked becomes official then unfortunately it could easily become 3 badges in 3 years.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, est1874 said:

Yes. And they're why exit polls are always almost incorrect at predicting the outcome of an election.

You mean opinion polls, not exit polls, which have a track record of being highly accurate in recent UK elections. 

8 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

You mean opinion polls, not exit polls, which have a track record of being highly accurate in recent UK elections. 

The brexit exit poll predicted remain.

It wouldn't have been hard in fairness in predict a Tory win in the last election 🙄 and I know it's hard but look past UK elections for a while if you can, there's a whole world out there.

Anyway, back on topic... Badges eh?

I'm not sure, I am in favour of a vote....did we do that in the past, don't remember us doing it?

Whatever the conundrum lands upon....we will all get behind it, because of what it represents...you could pick flies out of any proposal.

I'm not that bothered, really.

Edited by TRO

I honestly can't bring myself to vote on this. They're all mediocre at best, fully crap at worst, depending on my mood. 

Middlesborough have had their current badge for about 15 years or so I think, and it's a well-crafted design. Doesn't get the blood racing but it's a tidy look.

1 hour ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Lion on leaked one is shite. I honestly don't see a problem with the scrapped one... I can see why they've postponed the North Stand now, they can't decide what to do.. 

Not very professional from Heck so far

Heard Heck is redesigning the North Stand with the seats facing the Car Park instead, he feels this is a better solution for the new stand #OnBrand

• Haha 2

There is a chance I guess that for the lion on the round badge, Dragon Rouge have withdrawn it after we didn't take it up and go with their whole design package?

Would that be possible?

• Like 1

First time I have really seen that leaked badge side by side with the others, it's microsoft paint awful, I mean WTF!

I have said many times, to celebrate the 150 years, I'd stick with the round badge, gold or silver like Chelsea's for a season.