1. 1. What is your preference in order from most preferred to least

• Lerner shield, Current round badge, New shield
    • Lerner shield, New shield badge, Current round badge
    • Round badge, Lerner shield, New shield
    • Round badge, New shield, Lerner shield
    • New shield, Lerner shield, Current round badge
    • New shield, Current round badge, Lerner shield

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/01/24 at 18:35

Hope the mods don't mind another badge thread but I thought it was worth having a poll that lets people not just pick which of the 3 is their favourite, but rank the options we've had

• Like 4

Narrator:  At this point Chris Heck orders all his minions to work through the night to create new VillaTalk accounts to get a positive poll for his badge.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Narrator:  At this point Chris Heck orders all his minions to work through the night to create new VillaTalk accounts to get a positive poll for his badge.

I'm surprised so many people prefer it to the Lerner badge tbh.

And I assume the 1 person wanting it over the round badge is taking the piss, but I disabled public voting so we'll never know.

• Like 1

The round badge is easily the best. 

Then new crest and Lerner crest are both way way further down, they both have the same problems and issues and the essence of the badge hasn’t changed. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'm surprised so many people prefer it to the Lerner badge tbh.

Because they are both basically the same badge but at least the new one says “Aston Villa”

• Like 2

Just now, ender4 said:

The round badge is easily the best. 

Then new crest and Lerner crest are both way way further down, they both have the same problems and issues and the essence of the badge hasn’t changed. 

This surprises me, because for me, the Lerner badge is simply better designed, and the only drawback is "AVFC" over "Aston Villa"

Slap Aston Villa at the top of the Lerner badge and I'm satisfied, it not happy.

1 minute ago, villa89 said:

It's not the shape, its the overall design that's the problem. Design something nice and it doesn't really matter what the outline is.

Yes it’s this. I don’t really care what the shape is, I just want a competently designed badge where the elements fit together well and the colours work. 

Monochrome new badge is my fav of the lot … Choice of lion is wrong but that aside from that I don’t find it that abominable… It’s the colour version which is v.bad 

I’d be all about the round badge but I can’t get over the lion facing the wrong way. So either shield for me, but also just do a proper round badge and I’d be happy.

11 minutes ago, villan95 said:

aston%20villa%20new%20logo%20(1).jpg

The round badge for me.

The old badge - I fu@king hate AVFC. A complete abomination.

The leaked badge - as someone else said - Emery's Yellow and Blue Army.

• Like 3

Fan survey said round badge, surprise surprise this vote is also saying round badge.  

Mods can we ensure this gets in front of the club some way: a fan group/consultation/emailed to the club.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Posted (edited)

In all these badge threads, I agree with most of people's preferences except when they begin to offer logic or illogic to support their preferences. If there's one thing all this badge nonsense makes clear, it's that preferences are preferences, and often better for what they are -- honest, gut-level -- than all the cleverclogs rationales in the world.

Edited by Marka Ragnos