1. 1. What is your preference in order from most preferred to least

• Lerner shield, Current round badge, New shield
    • Lerner shield, New shield badge, Current round badge
    • Round badge, Lerner shield, New shield
    • Round badge, New shield, Lerner shield
    • New shield, Lerner shield, Current round badge
    • New shield, Current round badge, Lerner shield

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 08/01/24 at 18:35

35 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Villa fans don't know what they want.

The poll above (along with countless others over the last twelve months) along with the first detailed survey suggest otherwise.  

This poll hasn’t been below 80% for the round badge for most of the time it’s been up.  Villa fans know what they want.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

The poll above (along with countless others over the last twelve months) along with the first detailed survey suggest otherwise.  

This poll hasn’t been below 80% for the round badge for most of the time it’s been up.  Villa fans know what they want.

Yawn.

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

FACTS! You just don’t agree with the majority.

I just don't agree with hearing about it over and over again from you. 

Your definition of "the majority" throughout all these discussions has been reduced to "the majority of fans who voted". In the last crest poll, that was 16,000. That's not even the number of ST holders we have, let alone the majority of Villa fans worldwide.

Give it a rest. For a change.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Well if this is the case I'm a little shocked that your crying about a ripping off a Chelsea badge considering you'd have been around during the 70's and 80's during the clubs heyday and would've seen Villa with a round badge whilst Chelsea just had the lion on it's own, no round badge. A year after they introduced the round badge we got rid of it. 

You do realise it is possible to like our round badge from that period and also not like our current round badge because it looks too similar to Chelsea's badge.  It doesn't have to be a mutually exclusive choice.

The round one is the best of the three. It’s the favoured of the three by some distance on here, the consensus so far suggests (there are a few days left of the poll, I can’t imagine the voting is going to move much now).

Doesn’t mean there aren’t issues with the round badge. 

I do think more people dislike this new shield design, whatever it proves to be, than disliked the round the one when it appeared. My sense is that around half of the supporters liked/loved the round one, or just vaguely content. The other half either don’t like it or are meh about it (the meh crowd being a bit like the vaguely content crowd).

This new shield one, it really feels like it’s 90% + who dislike it. And not just on VT. Positive comments are few and far between.

4 minutes ago, allani said:

You do realise it is possible to like our round badge from that period and also not like our current round badge because it looks too similar to Chelsea's badge.  It doesn't have to be a mutually exclusive choice.

Ah... so were weren't ripping them off in the 70's or 80's when we had a round badge with a lion in the middle, just now, 36 years later. Even though that's were the similarity between clubs emblems ends. Okay gotcha. 

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

We've already discussed this, it's not a Chelsea rip off. Villa had the round badge on our kits well before Chelsea. 

I'm sorry to say, it just doesn't matter. Chelsea have had their badge basically unchanged for most of my life. We've had a shield. Both clubs have lions. If we change to a round badge, with a similar-looking lion, then it will look similar (and has looked similar) to Chelsea's existing badge.

The badge we had before the PL started in nineteen-dickety doesn't change that. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I could say the same to you to be fair, we are both as vocal on our side of the argument.

17 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Your definition of "the majority" throughout all these discussions has been reduced to "the majority of fans who voted". In the last crest poll, that was 16,000. That's not even the number of ST holders we have, let alone the majority of Villa fans worldwide.

At least it’s some actual data proving my point, you don’t have data proving your side.

18 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Nah! 😉

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

I'm sorry to say, it just doesn't matter. Chelsea have had their badge basically unchanged for most of my life. We've had a shield. Both clubs have lions. If we change to a round badge, with a similar-looking lion, then it will look similar (and has looked similar) to Chelsea's existing badge.

The badge we had before the PL started in nineteen-dickety doesn't change that. 

You serious lol??? Why would those who's memories go back further than your own care about what only you can remember? 

I hate to break it to you poppet, but mankind existed before you was born 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, HKP90 said:

31 of 67 teams from the PL, Champ and League 1 have shields in some form. (46%)

21 have roundels (sometimes with embellishments) (31%)

The remainder I would call 'other' (i.e just a logo like Spurs, or hexagon like Wolves) (23%)

Shields are the most popular crest by a distance. 

But not all shields are the same shape.  Whereas all roundels are well... a circle (and because most graphics display the badges as the same size for aesthetic reasons that means that the roundels are all the same shape and the same size).  Whilst I don't particularly like the leaked design - I don't think that there is another shield that has the same design / shape - so that means that it is unique.

10 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

You serious lol??? Why would those who's memories go back further than your own care about what only you can remember? 

I hate to break it to you poppet, but mankind existed before you was born 😂

It doesn't matter what happened then, sorry. We live in 2024.

1 hour ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Based on this, if I had no prior knowledge, I would assume the only team that have claret as a primary colour is West Ham.

I would assume we play in blue and/or yellow. 

If marketing forms a large part of the thinking for this design, brand consistency and all that, I think it would be wise to make it clear to the otherwise unaware that we play in claret and blue.

West Ham’s badge isn’t great, but it has plenty of claret and still stands out on that darker background.

Spurs have their name on their badge.

I do see this point.

32 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I could say the same to you to be fair, we are both as vocal on our side of the argument.

At least it’s some actual data proving my point, you don’t have data proving your side.

Nah! 😉

🤣 We're really not. 

What's my "side"? I don't have one. The club hasn't produced a badge that I love yet. The round badge was highly flawed as others have said, maybe the best of a bad lot though.

You're the one with your feet firmly entrenched because you simply can't not post about how much you love the round badge over and over.

We get it, thank you! It's getting very tiring. In fact, I'll just mute you now, save my sanity. G'luck

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, est1874 said:

Do you know how sample sizes work?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Do you know how sample sizes work?

Yes. And they're why exit polls are always almost incorrect at predicting the outcome of an election.

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

Ah... so were weren't ripping them off in the 70's or 80's when we had a round badge with a lion in the middle, just now, 36 years later. Even though that's were the similarity between clubs emblems ends. Okay gotcha. 

I quite like the claret and blue quarters kit that we played in during the 19th Century.  That doesn't mean that I think our kit for next season should feature claret and blue quarters.