New YearsFootball 1/2 January

andykeenan

1 minute ago, osmark86 said:

No I get that and agree. The refs are so bad.

I have some sympathy for onfield refs as these penalty shouts can be very tricky but then you get "helped" by VAR who make some unbelievably bad calls. It's the inconsistency that needs addressing.

It's kind of funny how nudging the ball away is an automatic yellow but screaming in a ref's face is still up in the air depending on if you're a normal human or that Norwegian ogre.

1 minute ago, birdman said:

I have some sympathy for onfield refs as these penalty shouts can be very tricky but then you get "helped" by VAR who make some unbelievably bad calls. It's the inconsistency that needs addressing.

They were doing better before VAR, that's the problem.

• Like 2

Not sure how Joelinton walked off at half time without a booking - the players are getting frustrated with Taylor's slightly random interpretation of the rules on bookings, which bodes well for a second half of mayhem and menace.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

From the BBC site: "Do people ever just watch a football game without moaning about the officials?"

Can confirm they don't.

They got almost everything right. Just the lack of a yellow for Joelinton

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

From the BBC site: "Do people ever just watch a football game without moaning about the officials?"

Can confirm they don't.

I mean it would help if the officials weren't so mind buggeringly incompetent. Every single game.

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Good game but I wouldn't be happy if I was Klopp with all the wasted chances. Salah looks right off his game.

He'll bring Jota on to win the game, fantastic player.

4 minutes ago, Awol said:

Dubravka’s been incredible so far. Amazing for a reserve keeper. 

Conceded 11 previous 4 of 5 vs Forest Luton Spurs Everton. Doubt Olsen would be as bad

Sky and carragher just zoomed in and slow mo the penalty, Diaz being kicked on the left leg, and it was his right leg that gave in and fell. Clear Pen obviously Jamie.

Ok, now a days if Diaz didn't dive, ref won't blow up as simple as that

Â