New YearsFootball 1/2 January

andykeenan

Doesn't really matter what people want, Liverpool will win easily regardless. We can take positives whatever happens, if Liverpool win we're still only three points off them and thirteen points ahead of Newcastle, if Newcastle win, we're still ten points ahead of them and level on points with Liverpool.

Just now, avfc1982am said:

Why the f*** would Salah say "Au revoir". He's Egyptian not French

I dunno, maybe he's a man of culture

• Haha 1

Think someone mentioned it the other week but this commentator keeps shouting players names every time they shoot, even if it's a tame effort outside the box. Really annoying.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

This is exactly right. It’s a blatant pen and then he puts that leg down and then it’s a dive :D

Yeah it's mad they people think it's not a penalty. Another case of a player being 'punished' for being honest and getting nothing, then criticised for going down. Players can't win sometimes.

Just now, villan95 said:

Think someone mentioned it the other week but this commentator keeps shouting players names every time they shoot, even if it's a tame effort outside the box. Really annoying.

Yeah. Sakaaaaaaaa!! Goes miles wide.

• Haha 1

I think the discussion over the last page (and also over on Reddit/Twitter, everywhere else) is why we'll never, ever be satisfied by referees or VAR :D 

• Like 1

Just now, kurtsimonw said:

Yeah it's mad they people think it's not a penalty. Another case of a player being 'punished' for being honest and getting nothing, then criticised for going down. Players can't win sometimes.

I dunno, I just hate diving and think it has no room in this sport and should be punished. Looking at the replay, there was contact first and the call for a pen was correct. But kinda wish we'd be harsher on blatant embellishing diving tbh.

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

Intensity of the shouting varies depending on how famous the player is and who they play for... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Yeah. Sakaaaaaaaa!! Goes miles wide.

He used to do the Pro Evo commentary and it was mildly amusing when he shouted "It's Gueyeeeeee"

Edited by villan95
  • Haha 2

Just now, oishiiniku_uk said:

Intensity of the shouting varies depending on how famous the player is and who they play for... 

Names help too. Salaaaaaaah or Sakaaaaa or Bentekeeeeee kind of help.

Watkinnnnnnnns doesn't have the same ring.

• Like 1

Just now, osmark86 said:

I dunno, I just hate diving and think it has no room in this sport and should be punished. Looking at the replay, there was contact first and the call for a pen was correct. But kinda wish we'd be harsher on blatant embellishing diving tbh.

Unfortnately refs actively encourage it. You can get hacked to death in the box, but unless you go to the ground you will never, ever get a penalty.

Just one of many reasons that refs are not fit for purpose.

• Like 1

At least 50% of penalties are simulation from contact.

If Refs want to get any better they should be studying calls for penalties and understanding simulation, as it seems they have no idea not having played the game.

Â