New YearsFootball 1/2 January

andykeenan

4 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I wonder if Liverpool forums are full of constant doom and gloom merchants all these years what if Salah gets an injury. It's **** boring and negative. Do people get a dopamine hit every time they post it?

Nah if salah gets injured gets I jured they'll just call up one of their back up players who is a full inert national and cost more than our record signing... 

Sometimes I don't think people fully grasp what the CL and FFP have enabled these **** in the sky 6 to do and how much of an advantage they have in the name of being fair 

The reality is an injury to Watkins will hit us harder than an injury to salah, that is what it is, we can't go shopping like they can 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Sometimes as is case right now a large squad is detrimental and smaller tight knit squad has benefits. We're 2nd in calendar year on merit. I would love a $ for every what if serious injury to Watkins etc on here. Some posters are obsessed to post over and over and over again

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

I wonder if Liverpool forums are full of constant doom and gloom merchants all these years what if Salah gets an injury. It's **** boring and negative. Do people get a dopamine hit every time they post it?

I've said it maybe twice so not sure why you're unleashing on me, but regardless, that's a false comparison with Liverpool and I think you know it. He's off to AFCON now and they have Jota and Gakpo to choose from, to line up next to Nunez and Diaz (or vice versa). 

If Ollie gets wrecked we've got Jhon Duran, who if rumours are to be believed may be off somewhere this window either because he's not ready or Emery doesn't rate him or (insert your reason here). Whatever the case that leaves, who, Diaby playing through the middle? He's not a centre forward, and then there's nobody effective to come off our bench for him. 

A small tight knit squad is a virtue until it isn't.

Edited by est1874
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

It might be boring and negative... but it's a fair point, no?  Losing Martinez or Watkins for a prolonged period would be an absolutely huge blow for us.

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Nah if salah gets injured gets I jured they'll just call up one of their back up players who is a full inert national and cost more than our record signing... 

Sometimes I don't think people fully grasp what the CL and FFP have enabled these **** in the sky 6 to do and how much of an advantage they have in the name of being fair 

The reality is an injury to Watkins will hit us harder than an injury to salah, that is what it is, we can't go shopping like they can 

In fairness, Liverpool could just save their money and replace Salah with a giant weeble which they place in the opposition penalty area and which flops over when lightly touched.  

9 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Henderson transferred to Saudi, mate

• Haha 1

Â