New YearsFootball 1/2 January

andykeenan

IF liverpool draw this....do we get another chance to go top with a win at Goodison. Or do Liverpool play before us?

This would be huge if they drop points at Anfield for third successive game. Without Salah for next month I can see them dropping points in two of their next three league matches.

Think they'll get a later winner though as Newcastle will endlessly timewaste so will be 8-9 minutes added on.

9 minutes ago, Chindie said:

I'd need to read up on how it works, I'd be surprised if it wasn't using some still imagery, but even if not I'd need to be convinced that it's actually resolved the problems inherent with offside calls being made 'objectively' binary.

It doesn’t really matter if it is 100% accurate in reality, it’s more important that it’s clear and unambiguous to everyone. The Hawkeye in tennis is like this. It’s just a computer generated image of a ball hitting a line. It is likely not always an accurate representation of what actually happened but it the image is quick and clear and therefore everyone just accepts it and moves on. 

• Like 1

Just now, TheAuthority said:

They relax your respiratory muscles allowing you to get more oxygen to your blood and consequently your muscles. (Albuterol is a beta-agonist and not a steroid inhaler)

And even marginal gains are a big deal in elite sport.

The Liverpool inhaler story is unsubstantiated though AFAIK

• Like 1

Just now, HongKongVillan said:

This keeper isn't too bad for a backup right ?

He’s having a blinder - even though he’s usually shit 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Both Guimares and Joelinton might both have had two yellows tonight.

The argument would be that they might not make the 2nd challenges though if they had already been booked 

Just now, It's Your Round said:

I thought we were wasteful against Burnley, Liverpool are taking it to new levels. 

Their xG is currently going at 4.47 (although penalties always inflate that metric). Doubt when Newcastle won 8-0 at Sheffield it was that high.

Just now, VillaChris said:

Their xG is currently going at 4.47 (although penalties always inflate that metric). Doubt when Newcastle won 8-0 at Sheffield it was that high.

Neville just said it's already the highest this season. I assume he means all games and not just Liverpool.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheAuthority said:

They relax your respiratory muscles allowing you to get more oxygen to your blood and consequently your muscles. (Albuterol is a beta-agonist and not a steroid inhaler)

I'm asthmatic, the difference would be incredibly marginal - like, ridiculously so.  You'd have to be taking a ridiculous amount (which would likely lead to other health problems rather than a significant sprint advantage).

In a game of football, taking an inhaler would do **** all unless you're actually asthmatic.

Â