Pre Match Thread

10 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Always makes me think of that QF against West Ham at Upton park. I really thought we were going to win it that year, until big Ken inexplicably tried to clear a corner with his hand. It was bad enough losing, then, us as fans, had to run the gauntlet of the  most feared hooligan firm in England. Scary!

A couple of old teddy bunter firm hammers gave us a lot of credit that day. They said it was the best mob they had seen from outside of London. However, it was still like the Alamo I went with my dad and the first thing I thought is that we were not alone in the Southbank. 🤣 I was right🤣 we got a bit of pride back up by the coaches if I recall, but the day was definitely lost.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Follyfoot said:

A couple of old teddy bunter firm hammers gave us a lot of credit that day. They said it was the best mob they had seen from outside of London. However, it was still like the Alamo I went with my dad and the first thing I thought is that we were not alone in the Southbank. 🤣 I was right🤣 we got a bit of pride back up by the coaches if I recall, but the day was definitely lost.

I was shocked at the size of their firm in with us. If you watch the game on YouTube, when Ray Stewart slots the penalty away, you can actually see all their lot jumping up and down. They just wouldn't budge. 

• Like 1

Pau, Digne, Tielemans, and Olsen are all out apparently.

Missing Pau and Tielemans still is concerning, less so for this game but more generally.

Edited by jayEm

36 minutes ago, jayEm said:

Missing Pau and Tielemans still is concerning, less so for this game but more generally.

Yeah they’ve both had quite a long stretch off. Tielemans in particular. Shame as both were in good form.

1 hour ago, jayEm said:

Only one league game until the end of the month and that's the Everton one, so that minimises the loss 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jayEm said:

Sounds like Pau is just not being risked, Emery said he wasn't 100% when he came on versus Burnley, no point risking him for this, he'll be fine for Everton.

Posted (edited)
On 03/01/2024 at 04:50, TheAuthority said:

Wonder what kit we'll wear? 

Their home colors are red shirt red shorts. So we could wear the 3rd kit or go all white...

3772389-76737709-640-480.jpg

:wub:

Ugh. Leeds. 🤮

Edited by mjmooney
  • Shocked 1

6 hours ago, sheepyvillian said:

I was shocked at the size of their firm in with us. If you watch the game on YouTube, when Ray Stewart slots the penalty away, you can actually see all their lot jumping up and down. They just wouldn't budge. 

frightening when you think of the quality we had down there 

5 hours ago, jayEm said:

Hopefully UE is just resting Pau again as he probably didn't want to put him on v Burnley but was needs must with the mess we were making of defending the lead.

What on earth is up with Tielemans. Thought he'd just strained something but clearly pulled a muscle or worse as he's been out for over a month now.

• Like 1