bannedfromHandV

55 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

The deep rooted expectation that Villa will find a way to **** it up has been conditioned into us all, it’s backed with decades of evidence and can be hard to shake. Tonight’s game has all the hallmarks of an upset; the best home record vs the worst away, we go top if we win, Archer’s return, Wilder’s fresh impetus, our injuries, everyone expecting an easy win etc… 

Now, in the past I’d have subscribed to some of that, but things are different now, we have changed. I don’t believe for one minute that Emery won’t have taken this game as seriously as the Man city or Arsenal games. The detailed analysis will have been completed and there will be a focused plan for how we can beat them. Emery has already commented that he’s reminded the players of those games that weren’t good enough, he will be demanding a performance to be proud of. That, coupled with our, with respect, better players, should mean we put a professional performance in and add another three points to our tally. 

I’m saying 3-0 Villa and a very merry Christmas. 

Nah I reckon for this one he’s just looked a few of them in the eye, said we should be wiping the floor with these shite lot, and asked JJ to produce a moment of magic if we’re not winning by half time.

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Haha 4

The only place I'd like Cash playing today is right back. I just don't like him further forward. He plays the wing position like a fullback. If we need a wide player it has to be Bailey on with Diaby at inside forward. 

Tbh Bailey has more than deserved a run in the side.  

What bigger incentive can the players have than the thought of being top of the league for 24 hours at least, but hopefully on Christmas Day as well? Massive, massive game and possibly achieving over 40 points before the end of the year is ridiculous.  So I think we have a real opportunity here to lay a marker to the rest and create a nice cushion of points going into the United game and new year.

Injuries and a silly suspension are going to leave us light and set plays (against) could be significant, that’s why I’d go with Konsa, Carlos and Lenglet. We need to defend well. 

Martinez

Konsa      Carlos       Lenglet       Digne

McGinn       Luiz              

Bailey                             Ramsey 

Diaby        Watkins            

Subs:  Marschall, Olsen, Cash, Moreno, Chambers, Dendoncker, Zaniolo, O’Reilly, Duran 

If we can score early, I’m going with a controlled 3-0 win.  UTV

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

What bigger incentive can the players have than the thought of being top of the league for 24 hours at least, but hopefully on Christmas Day as well? Massive, massive game and possibly achieving over 40 points before the end of the year is ridiculous.  So I think we have a real opportunity here to lay a marker to the rest and create a nice cushion of points going into the United game and new year.

Injuries and a silly suspension are going to leave us light and set plays (against) could be significant, that’s why I’d go with Konsa, Carlos and Lenglet. We need to defend well. 

Martinez

Konsa      Carlos       Lenglet       Digne

McGinn       Luiz              

Bailey                             Ramsey 

Diaby        Watkins            

Subs:  Marschall, Olsen, Cash, Moreno, Chambers, Dendoncker, Zaniolo, O’Reilly, Duran 

If we can score early, I’m going with a controlled 3-0 win.  UTV

Yeah we need to out it to bed as fast as possible. Longer it stays 0-0 the more they'll think they might get something.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

If we win big and Liverpool also win we can be top by GD too. I don’t know how many goals behind we are though.

They are 5 ahead on GD, so if they won 1-0, we'd need to win 7-0 to go above them. Good target to have I guess.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'll take a performance like we did in this fixture at the end of the 06/07 season under MON, the European cup winners doing a parade before the game getting the fans right up for it before we absolutely dismantled Sheff Utd 3-0, quite frankly we'd of beaten anybody that day we were fantastic. 

Their prime aim will be to be party poopers....They will set up to deny us the win to take us to the top.

Patience from us will be required, and a partisan atmosphere, to help the boys along.

I am not predicting a score, but I don't see it being a huge score in our favour.....i see it more like the Brentford style game.

Didn't Lenglet start about 30 games for Spurs last season?

Not sure why everyone is panicking so much. 

In any case don't see issue with Cash coming back and Carlos going to LCB unless he's hopeless in that part of the pitch.

Bigger issue Tielemans being out. Pretty frustrating he's been sitting on the bench for months, gets a run of prem starts and looks really good and now it feels one of those injuries that will disrupt his momentum.

We need SJM to keep out of stuff tonight as if he gets booked we potentially go to Old Trafford with McGinn, Tielemans and Kamara as midfield options.