viivvaa66

42 minutes ago, Indigo said:

City are a brilliant team that you can never really be confident of getting a result against, particularly if you're a Villa fan that has had a wariness of good things beaten into you, but if there's any chance of getting one it's now.  Team and manager as high-quality as they've been in this league, riding an immense wave of home form while City have been hit and miss by their own enormous standards and are without some of the most important cogs in their machine. The opportunity is there.

Just realised...Haaland vs the dreaded high line.

6-1 City.

8 hours ago, Frodo said:

Front 3 of Watkins, Diaby & Bailey.

Midfield 3 of Mcginn, Dougie & Kamara.

Back 4 Cash, Konsa, Pau & Digne. 

Best goalkeeper in the world in goal, Martinez. 

This is the team I'm hoping for too. Spurs played 3 up top against them and they got some joy out of it. Diaby, Bailey and Watkins all in good form too.

• Like 1

Don't know why. Just think it's going to be a wild 3-2.

Lots of the press conference pre-match talk has been about getting up for these big games. Maybe it's 4D chess, but I can't see Unai and all the players saying that and coming out in a low block.

We will probably press high and it's going to be a quick heart attack less than 5 minutes in.

I only hope that we see the Cash-Konsa-Torres-Digne back line that has been most solid and effective.

I think the way we play is as important as the players on the pitch today. 

We need to be front foot from the outset. City will likely have Kovatic or Stones playing at DM who won’t offer what Rodri does. We need Dougie, McGinn, Diaby, Bailey putting pressure on him from the off. 

If we can win the ball high and get at their back 4 I think we can cause them issues. Get Bailey and Diaby in between the CB and the full back or Ollie between the full backs. 

I think I’d prefer to start Konsa at CB and put Cash in at RB. Not sure Moreno is really to start at LB just yet. Especially against City. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TheMelvillan said:

would y'all take a draw now if offered?

just trying to gauge confidence

I think it depends on the circumstances of the draw. But usually against the best team in Europe you’d probably take a draw. 

But we have a great chance to beat them. No Rodri, KDB, Jack, Doku, we should be looking to go for the kill here. Having said that all their replacements will be 50-60m players so no major drop in quality.