Violence outside Villa Park

Demitri_C

Aston Villa will be making further representations to UEFA in order to ensure that other clubs and police forces across Europe are not exposed to similar serious safety risks at the hands of Legia Warsaw.

So we're got more stuff that we dont want to make public and are going to either push for a supporter ban or their removal from the competition? I doubt UEFA would even consider kicking them out

Edited by StewieGriffin

I stayed overnight at the holiday inn Express star city as it is a long drive back to newmarket in Suffolk after a night game.

Checking out around 0815 this morning, I notice 6 guys together at the bar, one with a Legia top, all chatting in Polish ordering pints of beer with vodka shots. I said to another guy next to me in the checkout queue, "that's a bit hardcore drinking before 9am".......thankfully I wasn't wearing any Villa colours.

Otherwise I would I would have taken them all on................................nah, not really............... At 65 i am not much of a trophy these days 🙁

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’m not promoting trouble here but there’s been a couple of comments I’ve noticed where some have praised the police for protecting Villa fans. Ffs we are at home with best part of 40k fans there surely we can look after ourselves at home . **** this police protection off. 

Too many fans not turning up because the last train is at 11:10 I guess.

39 minutes ago, AndyM3000 said:

It's 2023, surely we'd go for a zonal system?

Not sure, I’ll get my theory from a paper by professor Tom Wiley,, who is a hooliganologist, so forth and so 

(A tragedy nobody will get this)

Edited by Follyfoot

4 minutes ago, Brumstopdogs said:

Is the one man who has not been charged this guy? (released for his comedy value) Apparently his knees warsaw after this😬

I like how he squirts a bit of the sauce on the floor to get the bottle to optimal throwing weight, but forgets to adjust his footing accordingly.

• Haha 2

It's like something out of a weird, bad dream.

I was at the side of the holte end, with this bottle of mayo in my hand, the mayo spraying everywhere. I chucked it into the holte end, but fell over and everyone was laughing at me, I then didn't have any clothes on.

Ye I'm not quite sure what that dream means mate.

• Haha 3

Not sure if its been mentioned but at half time 10-15 riot police come and stood along the main stairs in the holte end lower , thjere were plenty of children visably worried , thought it was a bit poor from WMP , it was an absolute mile from anywhere there was trouble.

Sorry can't access the cushion shed this morning. It's coated in the most beautiful sparkling spiders webs this morning. Like a gothic Christmas scene. 

It would have to be a pillow fight for it's contents to be any use though. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

OBE asked nicely so it's down to me to hand out warnings to people that chose to ignore what he said.

This thread is for the discussion of what happened at tise game. There isn't a place on this forum to post about all the great violence you did in the past and how you want to take the law into your own hands (or encourage others to do that).

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Official comments from Warsaw at end of this most recent article from the BBC. Just wow, can’t believe they are totally shifting the blame. None of those arrested had tickets so nowt to do with them apparently. Club is rotten to the core…

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-67599955

Forty-six men have been charged after violence broke out before an Aston Villa game against Legia Warsaw.

Five police officers were injured in clashes with away fans near Villa Park in Birmingham on Thursday night.

Of the 46 men charged, 43 have been charged with a public order offence, West Midlands Police said.

Warsaw are really contradicting themselves with every statement they release.

First it was "Villa wouldn't let any of our fans in to the stadium, this incited the violence"

Then it was "None of the fans causing violence had tickets"

Now its "We returned out tickets to the host club"

So they didn't give tickets to their own fans, expceted them to be let in the stadium, but also don't claim them because they were ticketless and causing violence. What!?

Edited by kurtsimonw

19 minutes ago, randy_69 said:

Official comments from Warsaw at end of this most recent article from the BBC. Just wow, can’t believe they are totally shifting the blame. None of those arrested had tickets so nowt to do with them apparently. Club is rotten to the core…

Sound a right bunch of spunktrumpets.

Think they'll still sell Muci to us?

:crylaugh:

From this article:

Despite Villa officials' saying the club had been uncooperative, Legia officials said they had "maintained continuous communication" with Villa, Uefa and the police about "necessary measures" for the security of the venue and the surrounding area.

"Despite this, the British police, in their official responses, only acknowledged the potential risks without implementing our suggestions," a spokesperson said.

It's important to note that the "necessary measures" from Legia's point of view were to let all of their fans into the stadium, regardless of whether or not they had tickets. Their entire standpoint, from the very start, is that they didn't agree with the reduction of the allocation and they weren't going to abide by it.

"Regrettably, due to the actions and inactions of Aston Villa FC, adverse incidents occurred."

Actions in insisiting that only people with tickets were allowed in; inactions in not letting all of the Legia fans in regardless.

"By disregarding our constructive feedback, the host club bears full responsibility for the situation."

"By not letting in all of our fans regardless of whether they had tickets or were throwing ladders at the police, the host club bears responsibility for the situation".

It's a disgraceful viewpoint, lead by a man that serves on an important board for UEFA as part of the ECA - if anything, the club itself bears more responsibility for this than their fans, who they encouraged to try to get in, supported in trying to get in and lied to about the possibility of getting in - their owner should be asked to resign his position, they should play the rest of this campaign without fans, home or away and they should then miss a couple of years of European competition. 

Unless UEFA show that they understand that this problem comes from the Legia boardroom as much as it comes from the terraces, there's really no way this won't keep happening with them.

• Like 2

Â