Violence outside Villa Park

Demitri_C

Probably needs its own thread but their fans were not allowed in. What exactly happened? They just started assaulting police for no reason? Or frustrated they were being delayed to be allowed in the stadium?

Just read the string worded statement from us. They have trouble with AZ and us its clear they have issues with hooliganism in their fan base. Dossnt help when their owner seems to not acknowledge this and has them as the victims 

Edited by Demitri_C

The timeline of events on this will be interesting to see. Have they been dicked over with allocation last minute and gone berserk or travelled ticketless in numbers with the intent of causing trouble. Just hope no one gets hurt on their way home. Feels like an avoidable situation that has been mishandled and spiralled as a result.

5 minutes ago, flamingsombrero said:

travelled ticketless in numbers 

Rumours around 1,000 fans came over without tickets. They have a bad reputation for a reason. Tonight was just another incident and they'll have more in the future. No real easy way to avoid it. 

Badly handled situation I  think. Can see both arguments but can’t imagine our police having had an away following like that to try and deal with in a very long time. I have no doubt if they would have been in the ground play probably would have been stopped because of crowd trouble . 

Edited by Rugeley Villa

2 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Hope everyone in Villa Park gets home safe tonight.

I had to walk through the Warsaw fans on the way to the ground. There was a whole bunch of them by Tesco and on the way back too.

I managed to get back to Perry Barr Traveldoge safely but I do hope those get back from Villa Park ok.

Â