Violence outside Villa Park

Demitri_C

10 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

Great write up although it was written last night and just wondering if any of the bit in bold has since been substantiated?  

The Lower Grounds thing came to me direct from someone who was in there - a small group tried to force their way in but were then kept out/removed by the police I'm told. It looks like Legia fans (maybe the group that were throwing stuff into the Holte End) were trying to find a way to break into the stadium, and from what I've read this morning some succeeded at the North Stand via the players car park area (?)

During the game, for staff leaving Villa Park (kiosk staff leave after half time) the police were trying to establish safe routes for them away from the ground and communicating with the people in charge on their safe release, but I'm told a couple were accosted as they left. 

The other stuff is largely bits I picked up from twitter and so on, the police reported injuries to about a dozen people that weren't police offices or Legia fans, but where and how those occurred isn't clear. There's a report on twitter by someone who seemed reasonably reliable about a mother with kids being pushed over (with the standard twitter caveat) and there were cars around the away car park that were damaged (although that could simply be accidental given how much stuff was being thrown around down there).

Thankfully it appears the rumours of a stabbing were definitely false.

• Thanks 2

23 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’m not promoting trouble here

8 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

That’s my attitude towards it. I wish some of our lot would have retaliated and gave it them.

Make your mind up man.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

They should be seeing some serious sanctions, but it wasn't exactly the Heysel disaster. 

Avoiding a Heysel disaster is the name of the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’m not promoting trouble here but there’s been a couple of comments I’ve noticed where some have praised the police for protecting Villa fans. Ffs we are at home with best part of 40k fans there surely we can look after ourselves at home . **** this police protection off. 

Sad comment.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

Very scathing, especially the quotes from Heck. It's one thing when you have 'ultras' causing trouble, but for Legia's officials to not just be condoning this sort of stuff but clearly inciting it is something else entirely.

Â