Ratings & Reactions: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

274 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 28/11/23 at 23:59

I gave Emery an AVERAGE vote. Poor first half, good second half equals an average outing for the manager. Big credit for making smart changes.

But that first half was criminal and not really the players fault.

Edited by maqroll

30 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I saw that stat on the screen, and it had me cross and worried. Shows how little I know about football. It wasn't a bad thing, it was a good thing - it meant that Spurs would inevitably tire faster than us - and that's exactly what happened. It's like 'possession' stats - you have to look beyond what may seem obvious, and understand the deeper tactical factors. Which Don Unai definitely does, brilliantly. 

You mean you don’t get points for just running around a lot?

Martinez...best Villa goalie ever

Cash....clattered their best player, never a red card, but apart from that not his best game. Not ideal, but probably a telling contribution.

Digne....been our best player recently, another good performance.

Carlos.......I really like Diego, very good passer, and reads the game really well. Should start for me.

Konsa.......picked up this year, not sure he plays in a 3 very well though. Got caught out today in 1st minute, and at Noocastle.

Pau....top quality, keep hold as long as we can

Kamara....not as good as last season, but certainly better in the 2nd half. Our best midfielder

Luiz.....In Bentacurs shadow in the 1st half, got better when he went off. Hes ok to me , no more.

McGinn.......typical McGinn, wholehearted effort, and a positive impact. For me we should play him or Luiz.

Diaby.......not his best game, but always offers himself. Puts a shift in, and is a good signing.

Watkins........does what he does, could have had hat trick today, took his goal really well. You can never fault Watkins contribution or effort

Tielemans.........always looks to be positive.Not sure he is fully fit, could be our Bentacour

Bailey......good impact sub, but I wish he would get his head up quicker/stop trying to score every time he gets it.

Good to see Ramsey and Duran get minutes as well. When fully fit, Ramsey is a definite starter

After the game, it was all about Spuds unlucky, but apart from the double save, I thought their goalie made more saves. Good performance, against one of our competitors, onwards and upwards

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I gave Emery an AVERAGE vote. Poor first half, good second half equals an average outing for the manager. Big credit for making smart changes.

But that first half was criminal and not really the players fault.

Emery also got a bit lucky with bentancur getting injured, as it caused spurs to lose the midfield battle in the second half. 

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

A Spurs mate has just said they should have had a stonewall penalty, I don’t recall that? 

The only one I can think your mate was referring to, would be Digne's tackle on Kulusevski in the second half. VAR checked it about 5 times, probably hoping something in it (least that's how it feels sometimes), but he clearly won the ball.

Voted Martinez MOTM, mainly for the double save, but Kamara was class (apart from one blip) and Tielemans changed the game.

Rode our luck, but also had a goal ruled out, Torres header, Bailey hit the post, Digne's free kick, Watkins goal-line header... a few chances of our own there..

League table looks 👌 

Darling of the media Postecoglou seems to have turned into a sore loser all of a sudden , while meanwhile spurs fans talk about their 6 injured players who arguable aren’t as a big a loss to them as our main 4

as to the game ,  we could have been at 2-2 after about 5 mins and then spuds went a bit wasteful when they were on top … but second half if we were more clinical we could of and should have had 3 or 4 and so deserved our win .. but thanks Emi for some top class saves 

• Like 3

Then penalty was for Carlos blocking a spurs player from.closing the ball down in the box, when Konsa and Martinez ran into each other. Keane mouth off about it but the Spurs player was nowhere near the ball, would have been a ridiculous penalty. 

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

Erased from PL history I’d imagine

I think it was the Brighton game and the 5th goal when the commentator said it was the first time we’d scored 5 goals in the Premier league ( or something like that ) 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, WakefieldVillan said:

The only one I can think your mate was referring to, would be Digne's tackle on Kulusevski in the second half. VAR checked it about 5 times, probably hoping something in it (least that's how it feels sometimes), but he clearly won the ball.

Voted Martinez MOTM, mainly for the double save, but Kamara was class (apart from one blip) and Tielemans changed the game.

Rode our luck, but also had a goal ruled out, Torres header, Bailey hit the post, Digne's free kick, Watkins goal-line header... a few chances of our own there..

League table looks 👌 

I suspect he's claiming that Konsa's handball should have been a penalty - despite the fact that Emi collided with Konsa and dropped the ball on top of him as they both fell to the ground.  Did it touch his arm?  Yes.  Was it a penalty?  Never in a million years.

11 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Cash has injured one of their players two seasons in a row, I can see why he's not the most popular player over there.

Sticking one into their best player early used to be a standard tactic in what is still a man's contact sport.  It was a yellow and he lost his way after it and was right to be brought off.  It wasn't dangerous, just a really tough mistimed tackle.  All in all, a telling, cynical but really useful contribution Cashy

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Adman said:

Sticking one into their best player early used to be a standard tactic in what is still a man's contact sport.  It was a yellow and he lost his way after it and was right to be brought off.  It wasn't dangerous, just a really tough mistimed tackle.  All in all, a telling, cynical but really useful contribution Cashy

This all day.  Pure frustration from Cash, we equalised immediately only to be marginally offside and ruled out after a lengthy VAR check. 

A tough challenge, player got injured and he got a yellow, big deal, it's a contact sport. 

It wasn't Ben Mee levels, he didn't purposely go in to do him.

Comments in the match thread calling him a disgrace are a disgrace in my eyes.

Edited by Newry_Villan
  • Like 2

Â