Match Thread: Spurs v Villa

limpid

Just now, srsmithusa said:

someone posted earlier that Pau was incredibly composed.  i thought, yes he is, and the other one that seems calm and in control of himself is Dougie.  Its seems a bit of justice to me that they are the assist and goal.  

settle down lads, it's a simple game.

I thought Torres was our calmest player. That right side though was a car crash. Cash and Diaby look like they've had zero prep for the game.

Absolute sucker punch of a time to score. Really got a chance now. Spurs should tire, they were already starting to make mistakes towards end and don't have great bench options, we got good players to bring in.

Been poor on the ball generally and allowed it to be a game of quick turnovers and chaos which suits Spurs.

Would expect to see Tielemans for Cash at min. Possibly Kamara or McGinn off too as can't afford a 2nd yellow. 

3 minutes ago, Lochheads twin said:

I know we are all Villa supporters on here but the Sky commentary has been as biased as the officiating.

lets sort thing out at half time.

all to play for

When you play as shit as we have and they play as good as they have then we dont deserve any attention. 

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Spurs are rapid though ain't they?

Shows we need some more of our own 

Also shows not having Kane come deep and slow them down has them looking rapid.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

Diego needs to come off. Konsa to CB and Cash at RB. Put McGinn at RW and get on JJ and Moreno on the left if they're fit enough.

Not enough ball carriers in this side against the press. Spurs have to be punished for pressing so high but it's hopeless balls to Diaby who is NOT a good hold up player.

Playing right into their hands for first half if it weren't for two magnificent deliveries.

• Like 1

How we are level is beyond me.....it is shockingly bad defensively.

This form has to come to an end, playing like this......the front line offers no aggression or ascertion of any kind, and the ball just keeps coming back.

The linesman is our best defender.....we will win no friends playing like this.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

For all that, we've got one and I'm convinced if they'd drawn the lines on the first picture of the Watkins goal that was onside as well. 

I think Watkins looked offside from all the angles - shame because Diaby was onside behind him.

Not a good half but tidy ending! Great ball in and cracking header from Pau! Though he owed us that one for not putting us one up earlier on.

Not sure what’s up with Diaby, his body language has been awful from the start. Need improvement from all though to win this one.