Premier League relegation battle 2023/24

useless

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

He was pretty much challenging his board to sack him before they finally did and was complaining they gave him no money

Oh really?  A manager saying they weren't backed enough?

Are there any managers you like? :D 

15 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Oh really?  A manager saying they weren't backed enough?

Are there any managers you like? :D 

Unai, Dean Smith 😉 

Ange seems a decent lad. Not some guy throwing a wobbler looking for more money after wasting it on Rhian Brewalster

You know how David Tennant has returned to Doctor Who for a brief while? Kinda like “Hey guys, yes it’s me. Back again to relieve some glory days in familiar surroundings before I immediately head off again and leave this place for the new guy”.

That what Everton’s points deduction induced return to the relegation zone has essentially been. 

• Haha 3

Really does look done. Palace and Forest are struggling and their managers may lose their jobs but I don't think they'll be anywhere near.

Luton have some fight in them but it's unlikely they will get 30 points.

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think palace are in danger of getting sucked in. They are on a terrible run of form

In to 7/1 from 16/1 last week and they are away to Man City next week.

I Still can't see the bottom 3 changing all season. They are three really poor teams.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

I think palace are in danger of getting sucked in. They are on a terrible run of form

IMO palace is the ultimate 14th place team. They have just enough to stay out of a relegation battle (Eze, Olise, Guehi) but never enough to achieve anything. They have been in the PL for a while now, without making much noise.

34 minutes ago, imavillan said:

In to 7/1 from 16/1 last week and they are away to Man City next week.

I Still can't see the bottom 3 changing all season. They are three really poor teams.

spacer.png

Yeah I actually think Palace aren't far off the points they'll need to stay up already.

I would be shocked if any o the bottom 3 hit 25.

It was always likely that the promoted teams would struggle even more than usual this season, Sheffield United and Luton overachieved in gettng promoted, Luton massively so, Luton probably aren't getting the praise they deserve for competing as well as they are relative to their resources, they aren't actually too far off in terms of points what teams in eighteenth place would normally be on a this stage, I think it's normally around twelve or thirteen points, Sheffield United over achieved last season and then sold their two best players upon promotion. Burnley were the ones who it was thought might a better go of it, but they too lost some of their better players from last season, Maatsen, Tella, and Harwood-Bellis.

Sometimes form can suddenly change, so I wouldn't completely rule out one of the current bottom three picking up some results and making those above them more nervous, but it's not looking likely

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Chelsea is only a 10 points deduction away from relegation. 

They would never do that to a club the size of chelsea unfortunately 

Ita just pick on the little guys and let the bigger clubs do as they please 

13 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They would never do that to a club the size of chelsea unfortunately 

Ita just pick on the little guys and let the bigger clubs do as they please 

Everton fans crossing you off their Christmas card list for calling them little 😂😂😂

• Haha 1

Â