Premier League relegation battle 2023/24

useless

On 24/02/2024 at 19:46, Zatman said:

Another Burnley shambles today. Consideting the ridiculous hype they are easily the worst promoted team ever

Was there genuine hype?

They were a decent championship team - but they didn’t manage to keep Tella (went to Leverkusen) and Maatsen (Dortmund). 

Harwood-Bellis also started for them all year, but they didn’t manage to get him back on loan either.

Their first XI clearly went backwards year on year, so was always going to be a struggle for them. It would be like us not managing to keep Mings, El Ghazi, etc the year we went up.

Sheff Utd had a similar problem, losing Ndiaye to Marseille.

Am I right in thinking that both Everton and Forest are now awaiting the results from FFP charges?

It'd be very Everton to get the 10 points punishment reduced to 6 points, then pick up another 6 point punishment.

If Forest are punished, that'll be them down I'd have thought, and with their murky ownership and huge spend, they could be in massive trouble,

26 minutes ago, Cizzler said:

Was there genuine hype?

They were a decent championship team - but they didn’t manage to keep Tella (went to Leverkusen) and Maatsen (Dortmund). 

Harwood-Bellis also started for them all year, but they didn’t manage to get him back on loan either.

Their first XI clearly went backwards year on year, so was always going to be a struggle for them. It would be like us not managing to keep Mings, El Ghazi, etc the year we went up.

Sheff Utd had a similar problem, losing Ndiaye to Marseille.

Nearly every pre season prediction didnt have them near the relegation battle. Idiots like Neville were preparing this as Kompany Man City audition

They were as hyped as Bielsa Leeds

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Am I right in thinking that both Everton and Forest are now awaiting the results from FFP charges?

It'd be very Everton to get the 10 points punishment reduced to 6 points, then pick up another 6 point punishment.

If Forest are punished, that'll be them down I'd have thought, and with their murky ownership and huge spend, they could be in massive trouble,

Yes, the punishment for this season is still to be decided. 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

Yes, the punishment for this season is still to be decided. 

@OutByEaster? Unless Everton somehow get special dispensation for the fact this is the only year where you can be punished twice in the same season, they should be looking at another commensurate deduction

Forest's beach would have to have been less than the 47.5m they sold Johnson for. And reading through a summary of Swiss Rambles view of things it sounds like they will be in the ball park of (or even lower than) Everton's £20m. A 6 point deduction for them shouldn't put them in trouble....

Edit: scratch that,  6 points puts them right in it,  with a tricky run of fxitures. If Luton carry on their revival (except against us) it could be a good battle for that last spot

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 3

On 26/02/2024 at 09:52, OutByEaster? said:

Strange/Not Strange how Citeh's far worse allegations have almost become an afterthought these days, precisely because of who they are and the enormity of their allegations have made the problem an abstraction -- a kind of cerebral concept rather than an actual shit set of connivances. 

Edited by Marka Ragnos

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

With three games left to play one of Luton or Burnley somehow sitll have a chance of staying up, looking at the fixtures I think Luton could actually do it, they've been in bad form of late, but makes me think they might be due a good result or two, they've got some winnable games.

Luton: Everton (h), West Ham (a), Fulham (h)

Forest: Sheffield United (a), Chelsea (h), Burnley (a)

Burnley: Newcastle (h), Spurs (a), Forest (h)

Â