viivvaa66

7 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Spurs will be extra motivated by the loss of one of their all time greats. 

RIP TV.

See, I don't think that will play much of a part. 

Most that starting 11 are not players who would have had any association with Venables and it will be the crowd that's emotionally charged more than the players IMO. 

I hope I'm wrong and after 10mins they've had 3 sent off. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Was hw that good? And its burnley the worst team in the league!

Spurs are a different animal even with their missing players 

104 people on here thought he was our best player for that game.

Spurs are obviously a better side, I was just pushing back on the idea that he’s been terrible every time he’s played in that position.

• Like 1

As Villa fans we’ve been conditioned by decades of just falling short when it matters, just when things are going well and we seem ready to take the next step, we falter. Today threatens to be one of those instances but I hope to God we win today. I want to see Unai Emery completely out think the golden boy Ange. I want to see us run through their defence and score at will, and I want to see us go above Spurs into the top four. If we’re serious about breaking into the big time, this is the type of game we need to win. 

• Like 4

i can't wait to seeing how we actually set up and who shows strong today.

if Cash is playing more RM - does that mean that Kamara will stop dropping in to R back to cover for him?  Or if he still drops, does that push Pau farther to the left giving Digne more license?  Unai makes football like chess only a whole lot more exiting.  I love it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

Spurs will be extra motivated by the loss of one of their all time greats. 

RIP TV.

Not too sure it will have any impact, possibly if there were English/locals in the team, but I’d guess not many of this team know who he is. 

RIP TV 

• Like 1

Just now, MotoMkali said:

I guess the injuries to zaniolo and Bailey were worse than we thought but why no Tielemans instead? 

Emery wants to play a back 5.

So to get Youri in, who you dropping from the rest?

Kamara, Dougie, McGinn or Diaby basically and he ain't getting in front of them 4 any time soon. 

14 minutes ago, Troglodyte said:

This will be a very interesting test for us.

Although Spurs are severely weaked, they still have some great players (and a chance for some to prove themselves) and they're going to be pretty unpredictable.

Yes we should be winning this if we really want to be a top 4 team, but at the same time we're not at a stage in our development to expect a win here - especially given our previous away performances against strong sides.

I love Diego but worry about him too.  Feels like he's got a red card or two in him and I worry that today might be the day.  But hopefully he's his usual brick shithouse self without any major errors!

We won there last season.

5 minutes ago, Nigel said:

Spurs have gone hyper attacking....this could be a stupidly entertaining game!

I'm not sure that's a good thing if you want 3 points!

5Live absolutely baffled by Spurs' line up. A lot of criticism for it being too attacking. . . Really hope they are right.

1 hour ago, Chindie said:

Loss. Away form is rough, their strengths can exploit the things that can hurt us, and we don't come back from games we go behind in. They will be weakened and I suspect we will score, but I just don't see a win here. We'll bottle it.

With the exceptions of Palace, Wolves and AZ Alkmaar. 🙂

When we were beating Spurs 1-0 in Emery's first away game against them, they were starting to target Ashley Young who'd started the game and was tiring down our right side. Instead of doing a straight swap with Cash coming on for Young, Cash went on for Bailey in RM and did 90 minutes of running in the 25 minutes he was on the pitch, rampaging up and down the flank and giving Spurs too much of a problem to gain any further advantage on that side.

The offside trap's going to be important in this one so may having Konsa RB will help with the excecution and allow Cash to try and do some damage instead, idk

Our bench looks fairly strong if everyone's fit enough to play a role if required