viivvaa66

14 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

Not too sure it will have any impact, possibly if there were English/locals in the team, but I’d guess not many of this team know who he is. 

RIP TV 

The fans do though, and they are usually a big factor in motivating the team.

2 minutes ago, Pongo's Socks said:

And it's 20 minutes till KO and we're still hearing about Evertons points deduction. Indeed, piss off sky 

Dunno why you do it, my TV will go on 10 seconds before a ball is kicked, will be turned over at HT and turned off 10 seconds after it's finished 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

Yeah El Tel passing away I think is a guaranteed loss for us now.

But I want to pay tribute to the great manager El Tel - Euro 96 was a time of amazing experiences and atmosphere throughout the Country which was buzzing and bouncing. I loved every second of Euro 96 (except the penalty shootout) and a lot of it was due to the charm and charisma of Terry Venables.

Not as good as Southgate though.   😜

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

See, I don't think that will play much of a part. 

Most that starting 11 are not players who would have had any association with Venables and it will be the crowd that's emotionally charged more than the players IMO. 

I hope I'm wrong and after 10mins they've had 3 sent off. 

That's my point, the crowd  will be demanding a performance worthy of the memory of TV.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Why not, we are challenging, 6 pointer this is!

So if we want to win the league we have to win today?

we'd be 5 points off with 25 games left to go so we dont

Not sure why people would want to generate pressure based on unrealistic expectations, false hope and then disappointment rather than just enjoy it

• Like 1

The emotion in the stadium will be a big test for our lot. I look forward to seeing how they handle it tbh, another chance for them to grow together here and earn a very important result. Fancy Diaby to notch and play well.

Another sidestory could be Lo Celso playing a rehearsal. That man knows Unai’s coming back for him

13 minutes ago, AvonVillain said:

I think she's a really good commentator. You put her alongside Dion Dublin, say, and she seems genius at the role.

You put Dion next to Cameron Jerome as a pundit and Dion is brain of Britain

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

So if we want to win the league we have to win today?

we'd be 5 points off with 25 games left to go so we dont

Not sure why people would want to generate pressure based on unrealistic expectations, false hope and then disappointment rather than just enjoy it

I'm sure this is how emery thinks??

It's must win, if we are a serious football team.