OutByEaster?

I'm surprised he has gone with an unfamiliar CB partnership for this one. Carlos should really start ahead of Konsa to give him minutes and give Konsa a break. I also thought McGinn would be on the bench as he hasn't had a rest all season. I hope Watkins isn't injured as that would be a disaster for the upcoming fixtures. 

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Im sorry guys i hope i am wrong but with olsen in goal and no ollie up top i am massively worried about tonight now

I'm not.   

On a completely unrelated note.  If we lose tonight, can we still win the group?

Not a fan of Olsen in goal.

Not a huge fan of Luiz starting. 

Kind of mixed messages going on there.

Throw in Watkins not even on the bench and I'm not very sure if Unai cares whether we win or lose. 

Not going to say we'll lose, as that should still be enough to beat them, but placing all our eggs in a Duran and Olsen shaped basket is incredibly gamble heavy. Brave man Unai, I'm sure you know what you're doing, but you have me thinking a draw would be a good result.

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Not a fan of Olsen in goal.

Not a huge fan of Luiz starting. 

Kind of mixed messages going on there.

Throw in Watkins not even on the bench and I'm not very sure if Unai cares whether we win or lose. 

Not going to say we'll lose, as that should still be enough to beat them, but placing all our eggs in a Duran and Olsen shaped basket is incredibly gamble heavy. Brave man Unai, I'm sure you know what you're doing, but you have me thinking a draw would be a good result.

Duran has already scored against Warsaw? You don’t think he can again?

• Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

Duran has already scored against Warsaw? You don’t think he can again?

I think he might be able to, but his form has been off of late. And no Watkins as a fall back is a big gamble.  Olsen in goal is also an almost guaranteed concede?

We're fairly free scoring at home and get goals across the team so maybe I'm being overly concerned.... but it's not filling me with confidence

it really is an interesting line-up with plenty to discuss.

Seems Watkins might have a knock, if he's just resting, he could do that from the bench.   Olson in seems pretty straighforward, whether you agree with it or not.  Love to see Moreno back, but doesn't it seem that bringing him on later might make more sense to ease him back?  My guess is that Cash will be told to stay home more, and use Moreno as more offensively minded.   It will be interesting to see how SJM plays it, staying wide to give Diaby room?  or sliding more inside where SJM is arguably at his best?   

This is gonna be fun to see how it all plays out.

5 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Nothing makes me laugh more than Villa fans putting down Olsen when the same critics say diddly squat when Emi gets it wrong. Olsen is not only an international class keeper but he is OUR keeper and deserves backing because if Emi gets injured, he becomes pretty important to us so give him a break !

I agree he deserves backing and in person should get that.... but online in a forum,  where he won't see it, I'll reserve my right to be terrified of his ability to play the game Emery wants us to play. 

Well the midfield is very strong so hopefully we can control the game and they don't have too many chances for Olsen to deal with. Really hope Watkins is just been given a rest but surprised he's not on the bench.

Edited by djdabush