OutByEaster?

Someone said there’s over a thousand tickets cancelled but fans are still turning up. I’m not sure what that even means though. 

Stay safe those that are going as last time they played in England wasn’t great. 

Link

Leicestershire Police said 14 officers were attacked and injured during the game between Leicester City and Legia Warsaw on 25 November.

Two needed hospital treatment, with one suffering a broken wrist.

Flares were set off at the King Power Stadium and fans tried to breach the line between the two sets of supporters, the force added.

Edit : just seen this was discussed on the ticket thread.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
Removed the general sale part

48 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

There will be a lot of away fans sitting in home end as this went to General sale too. Hopefully no incidents. 

It hasn't, you can only buy a ticket with an AVFC FAN ID created before the draw was even made for the group stage.

• Thanks 1

Go hard and if we can get a 2 or even 3 goal lead then make subs for Alex and Jacob but this is an important game to get right. I'd rather we nail it with the strongest side to give the final game a complete freebie to relax in.

• Like 1

Some changes but agree with others, go strong and wrap up this tournament. Our squad lets us do that now i believe.

Would like to see 

Emil

Cash Carlos Lenglet Moreno

Bailey Youri Kamara Ramsey

Zaniolo Duran

Expecting Mcginn, Ollie, Luiz, Konsa, Digne to all play a significant part as well.

Legia is a totally different animal to what we experienced in September.

In fact, they are a bit of a joke now. Losing and drawing. Their league form is They lost 4, won 1 and drawn 2 in the last 7 games. The win was a 1-0 against a poor team.

I am worried we might see our cup Villa play tomorrow, but if we play half as well as we do in the league, I can't see us not scoring 3-4 goals. 

On 27/11/2023 at 07:23, VillaChris said:

We'll take this one very seriously.

2 goal win and we win the group on the night so can send the Tea lady and Jack Woodward to play in Bosnia if we so wish. And anyone else wanting a go! I assume if we win 3-2 we should be o.k aswell with GD due to the big win in Alkmaar.

If the players want a free midweek between the Arsenal and Brentford games they play well in this. If not they go off to play in Bosnia in the midweek between those two games.

Round Trip ticket for the tea lady.  Woodward gets a one-way. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

No point rushing Ramsey or Moreno back so it will be interesting to see how any rotation pans out over the next 10 days as to whether they are back in full contention. No point resting the big names for the big games if we don't win the others. Not much bigger in the last few dacades than a game between the top two in the group to see who finishes top of the European group.

Emery has already talked pre-match about carefully managing the squad through fixture congestion. The only players I'm certain will start tomorrow are Martinez (doesn't trust Olsen) Lenglet (straight switch every time in Europe so far for Pau) and Kamara (because he'll miss Bournemouth).

Great that we have multiple options in every position coming into this tough spell. It might not translate into points with some very tough games, but by comparison to 3 of our closest competitors, Spurs Newcastle Brighton, our current options to rotate are much stronger.

8 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Legia is a totally different animal to what we experienced in September.

In fact, they are a bit of a joke now. Losing and drawing. Their league form is They lost 4, won 1 and drawn 2 in the last 7 games. The win was a 1-0 against a poor team.

I am worried we might see our cup Villa play tomorrow, but if we play half as well as we do in the league, I can't see us not scoring 3-4 goals. 

Good to hear. Easy to forget how bad Chambers was that night too. Has he played any minutes since ?

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Everyone going just keep your wits about you. Should be loads of Police but their fans away are a bit crazy judging on the videos of them at Leicester a couple of years back.  Although it seems they like to fight the police as much as their rivals. 

I think that its key to pick a team that have some familiarity with each other.  3 of the back 4 against Warsaw had never played together had they ?  They have all got more familiar to their fellow players and tactics now i guess. 

Martinez if fit has to start . 

You could play Cash Carlos Lenglet and Moreno.. gives Digne and Konsa a rest. 

Kamara Tielemans JJ and McGinn in midfield to rest Dougie

Duran  and Bailey up front to rest Ollie and Diaby.