OutByEaster?

16 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

We're the later of the two games in our group for this one.

Am I right in thinking that if Mostar don't beat AZ Alkmaar we'll be guaranteed to have qualified for at least the knock-out round by the time we kick off?

yes because AZ now cannot finish above us. the only way we don't qualify from the group now is if morstar beat AZ, we lose to warsaw, then we lose to morstar by 2 or more goals. morstar and warsaw would then qualify

• Like 3

On 10/11/2023 at 17:10, OutByEaster? said:

We're the later of the two games in our group for this one.

Am I right in thinking that if Mostar don't beat AZ Alkmaar we'll be guaranteed to have qualified for at least the knock-out round by the time we kick off?

Also if we win by 2 clear goals we win the group get a longer rest as we don't play a knockout game and can do an O'Neil in Mostar 😉 

• Like 1

On 15/11/2023 at 06:01, OutByEaster? said:

jeepers - according to the BBC's Football news show (a good watch if you've got fifteen minutes), Unai Emery watched twenty-seven Legia Warsaw games before we played them in the away leg.

Twenty-seven full games.

No one should ever have to watch that much Ekstraklasa

homer-simpson-my-eyes.gif

These are shite, we will win by 2+ goals.

• Haha 1

On 22/11/2023 at 15:15, turvontour said:

Anyone know if Witton Lane will be closed after this game, like Alkmaar.

I don’t know for sure but I’d be very surprised if it wasn’t.  From everything I’ve heard, through the grapevine but from people who would know, is that the police are concerned about Warsaw fans and the enhanced security at recent games (we had mounted police at Luton!) have all been dress rehearsals ahead of Thursday night.   I’d go with the assumption that you won’t be able to walk towards Witton Station via Witton Lane or the North Stand Car Park.  

Yes, Witton Lane will be closed. It'll be policed in the same we've policed small heath in the past, so the barrier will be up across the road.

The entrance behind the shop, directly onto Witton Road, will be available.

Also in Lower north was it only the trinity Road side exit that was open after the game v Alkmaar then?

I think I read somewhere they are treating this like a blues game, lots of police and closures before and after

• Like 1

6 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Yes, Witton Lane will be closed. It'll be policed in the same we've policed small heath in the past, so the barrier will be up across the road.

The entrance behind the shop, directly onto Witton Road, will be available.

Will I be able to get a battered sausage at the villa chip shop?