Match Thread: Villa v AZ Alkmaar

limpid

1 minute ago, briny_ear said:

We are lucky not to be going in 0-1 or 0-2.

Don’t know what’s suddenly happened to us, Faffing around in front of goal and outpaced in defence.

Nah, that's wrong. We've not had the quality final ball but on another day we would have scored at least 1 or two ourselves. 

• Like 3

We've played well but the final ball just isn't there.

Just like against forest the front line is not at its best, bailey runs into people, diaby needs to go out wide or he's cut out, Watkins is isolated and the few times he gets the ball it bounces off him rather than sticking, McGinn is somewhat absent.

We're not very likely to score if nobody steps up

Apart from the first ten it’s another Forest performance so far.

Very little in the way of creativity with both Bailey and Diaby really poor.

Watkins has had no service at all and was basically a nonentity in first half.

Needs to drastically improve in the second half or Villa may get another smack in the bottom.

2 minutes ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

We are going to have to get used to teams doing this against us and find a way round it. 

I think upping the tempo would help. 

Yes. If we inject a bit more pace and attack then I think we can get something from this.

• Like 1

Just now, Tayls said:

Has anyone figured how to post gifs on iPhone yet??

No, very frustrating when keeeeeeeeenan posts his ridiculous miwdeek footnall threads and I'm stuck at work, letting @fightoffyour grab all the glory.

• Haha 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

By throwing away the inferior iPhone and getting a proper phone you weren't conned into getting by group think and marketing 😂

In my defence my android phone broke, and my mother in law died and left an iphone, so...

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

By throwing away the inferior iPhone and getting a proper phone you weren't conned into getting by group think and marketing 😂

Ooh, burn!

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

GIFs are immature anyway, so, jokes on you… 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Since the 15th minute, Diaby looks off the pace, bailey keeps running into trouble teilemens passing too slow.

Digne seems to be doing a cash tonight. Several times he's had space to either put an early ball in or just go down the line and back it goes 9/10 times.

We are trying like we did at forest, to play too much and almost want to walk it in or play intricate passes in a crowded area and just lose possession.

We started brightly and should have had a penalty but we need to step it up next half as they will just drop deeper or we will faff at the back trying to get them to come forwards and we will lose the ball.

I would move teilemens further forwards for mcginn and put Bailey or diaby on the left.

We have a decent bench zaniolo duran luiz can all come on at some stage to change things as we are losing the ball in the attacking half.

Oh and watkins needs to start going over when he's having his shirt pulled in the penalty area.

Looks like crowd is slowly realizing it's a third rate competition and the teams we come up against aren't very exciting.

It will be better if we reach the latter stages but right now it just have that early round carabao cup feel about it.