Charlie Aitken

mottaloo

Just before my time but knew all about him. Charlie stayed with us through one of darkest period in our history but helped us back to the big time. A true legend and now a HEITS 😢

No matter your age, if you're a Villa fan, you know and respect the name Charlie Aitken. True clubman, and part of the fixtures and fittings down VP. 

He was also a team-mate of Franz Beckenbauer and Pele during his time at New York Cosmos. 

Holte Ender in the Sky. RIP 😔 

Edited by dAVe80
  • Like 3

Oh no. Rest in Peace Charlie. 

Never saw him play unfortunately (or maybe fortunately as I'm too young!) 

But yes, unquestionably a legend, no question at all. 

• Like 1

That's very sad.

When I started going in the late 90s he was always out on the pitch handing awards out or giving interviews like Kenny Swain did at half time today. Straight away a name you knew of who'd represented us very well./

Record appearance holder so the question for a time was would Barry or Agbonlahor beat that but neither came close despite over a decade's service in each case.

Guess the news broke too late today for us to give him a nice send off before kick off so sure we'll give him a good one before Alkmaar game.

• Like 1

R.I.P.  Charlie a legend and true clubman a gentleman and a stalwart of our club. Got up and down from full back and always had so much energy with a bit of tough tackling when he had to. You will be missed by the fans and a loss to the club.

• Like 1

Â