Demitri_C

11 minutes ago, LxYoungAVFC said:

Full strength:

Emi

Cash-Konsa-Pau-Digne

McGinn-Dougie-Kamara-Zaniolo

Diaby-Watkins

I think we could probably swap Watkins for Duran and still be 95% full strength.

Bigger risk swap Luiz for Donk to move us to 80% full strength.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Really? The table is basically equal so its like a 4 game group with everyone on zero. 

If we only got a point out of 2 games against AZ, we would have to win both other games (very difficult) and that would leave us with a maximum of 7 points from 4 games. That probably means AZ top the group and qualify.

Just checking you are aware only the top position in the group automatically qualify? Second place go into a play-off round with Europa Cup teams.

Wow, I didn't know that last bit. So we would have to play 2 extra games if we finished second?

9 minutes ago, turvontour said:

Wow, I didn't know that last bit. So we would have to play 2 extra games if we finished second?

Yes correct. And they will be much harder games as they are Europa League teams rather than Conference League level teams. Plus the play-offs are in Feb when we will be busy with PL and FA Cup games.

We have to finish top of the group to automatically qualify for the next round.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Really? The table is basically equal so its like a 4 game group with everyone on zero. 

If we only got a point out of 2 games against AZ, we would have to win both other games (very difficult) and that would leave us with a maximum of 7 points from 4 games. That probably means AZ top the group and qualify.

Just checking you are aware only the top position in the group automatically qualify? Second place go into a play-off round with Europa Cup teams.

Ok. Thanks. I didn’t actually know that. I assumed it was just a normal top two qualify where 9 points can be enough and 10 points is almost always enough. 

I just can’t help myself from having tunnel vision on the league at the moment. We can and should be looking to win all of our next three games. That would leave us on 28 points from 12 games, which would be a huge platform to take a champions league spot from. I’d be willing to take a chance with some rotation tonight. 

You can get evens with us on Coral and AZ are 23/10. Given that they reached the semi-finals last season and have won 8 of their first 9 games in the Eredivise, this will likely be a tough one. I might play Carlos and Tielemans, but could see us going full strength too (which would be my preference), bringing players off when/if the game is all but won. I would not be too disappointed with a draw.  

4 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

Getting home on weekdays for Villa playing European football. Ive missed this. Got a feeling it will be the norm for the foreseeable..

......hopefully, it will be Tuesdays or Wednesdays from next season 😉

1 hour ago, ender4 said:

Yes correct. And they will be much harder games as they are Europa League teams rather than Conference League level teams. Plus the play-offs are in Feb when we will be busy with PL and FA Cup games.

We have to finish top of the group to automatically qualify for the next round.

spacer.png

Tielemanns deserves to start alongside Luiz and Kamara with Watkins up front. Gives him a chance to play with the better players, I guess. Good chance for him. 

Would be worried about Lenglet, but fingers crossed. 

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Not liking this cb pairing but i  can understand why. Diaby on bench is a massive risk too

Glad to see olsen isnt staring 

Is it? Diaby is good but we have enough good players not to have to have him starting every game.