Pre Match Thread Cup Final 8 of 37 🤯

rjw63

19 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Biggest test at home so far I think, we did ok v Brighton which was probably the most difficult we'd had previously. 

To end the week in 5th place, and 2 points off the top with all our injuries would be pretty remarkable.

FWIW I think that Brighton are better than West Ham. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

FWIW I think that Brighton are better than West Ham. 

The thing is though when we play Brighton I'm never really worried by the match ups over the pitch. When we played them final day Mings and Konsa handled Evan Ferguson with ease. A few weeks ago Pau and Konsa did fine v Welbeck. It helped De Zerbi putting that kid in midfield but we feasted on their lightweight midfield and their defence is always scared of Ollie when we put balls over the top. Mitoma's the only one who really gives us issues and even he dosen't quite get the space v us that he does frequently against other teams e.g v Wolves right at the start of the season.

It's different with West Ham. Don't think Ollie makes the same kind of impact v someone like Zouma who is physical and pretty quick. Then they have a much taller midfield so again Luiz and SJM can be nulified in other ways. Antonio with his physicality could also really expose Pau's teething problems in the premier league, he needs to show his quality tomorrow.

Having said all that I have a feeling Diaby's going to be electric tomorrow and be very difficult for them to handle so he feels our most likely matchwinner to change the match up direction.

It’s GAME DAY! 

Im excited but also really nervous. Feels like a massive game - they all are!

If we win - we go 5th, 1 point from the top 4, and 2 points off top of the league. 

If we lose, Newcastle have already overtaken us, Man Utd are only 1 point behind us, and Chelsea are hitting form and catching us fast. 

In terms of form, we have won 10 league games in a row at home and this would be #11!

But our last 10 matches against West Ham is 0 wins, 4 draws and 6 losses. 

Do we extend our home run or do West Ham extend their run against us?

• Like 1

On 19/10/2023 at 19:33, DJBOB said:

We have to score first and make spam come out of their low block. Unai I’m sure will get this message across. 

Think we’ll be playing all sorts of high risk, high stress passing at the back to try and entice them up the pitch. Should be a nice relaxing game😬

• Like 1

This is exact type of team we struggle against. They sit in a low block and are very dangerous on the counter. They're a big physical side. We've not beaten them for many many years. 

Our current home form is superb and it will be big if we can get the win here with Luton (h), Forest (a), Fulham (h) to come it'll be a big big opportunity to get a run of wins and push us into the top 4

• Like 3