Pre Match Thread Cup Final 8 of 37 🤯

rjw63

Just been watching Ted Lasso, their manager is a nasty little word removed isn't he?

And the owner has a face you could never tire of punching.

Art impersonating reality so well ;)

I’ll be travelling from E6 to B6 for this one, however I will be coming on Thursday night probably so as to avoid the ammers and spend the weekend in sunny nunny. 

will be a tough game as always but if ever there is the opportunity to beat them then it’s this one, we have the players to do it for a change and I think they will have to respect us a lot more than previous teams of ours 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nigel said:

Really odd feeling that I'm glad we have an international break before this game. 2 weeks will help those mounting injuries. 

Our international lads also get an extra 28hrs recovery as its 4.30pm on Sunday compared to Liverpool v Everton 12.30 on Saturday 

Presumably Klopp will be making a noise about it! 

The Moyes method (sit in and frustrate the opponent and wait for counter attacks and set pieces) matches up well against our style as evidenced by the Palace and Wolves games. Difference being that West Ham have better players than those other teams. They rank 15th for shots but are pretty high up for big chances created, so very effective on the break as we know. Also they are outperforming defensively by the biggest amount in the league (which hopefully doesn't sustain against us!).
I think the break will do us good as some key individuals (Luiz & Diaby especially) were looking off it yesterday. Two weeks for Emery to construct a plan to outwit Moyes - I feel good about that. I thought that we had the better of the 1-1 last season (they scored with a dodgy penalty) and it would be nice to cross out another team that Unai's Villa have not yet beat.

It would be great to see Moreno back, even just as a sub. As good as Digne has been, his attacking contribution is a bit easier for defenders to predict whereas Moreno was so good at taking on his man and getting into the box to either shoot or pull the ball back for others. It's a real attacking weapon that we've been missing, especially with Ramsey injured on that side also.

This breaks gonna help massively 

Dont think many of our players will play many international games.

I just dont like playing west ham. Seem like a bit of a bogey team to us as we havent beaten them in a while

Might be some even more dire football than at Wolves. 

Have to credit Moyes for committing to his brand of beat them up, wear them down football. 

Not looking forward to this one, hope we can score one early and enjoy a nice day out. 

A draw would still be quite a good result against them as we always struggle with their style, and now they have JWP also who always does well against us...Kudus looks quality too. Most neautrals seem to think it will be an evenly matched game, can't disagree with that really

It’s a game we should be looking to win without hesitation. West Ham are a good team but home advantage crucial here. More confident here than I was for yesterdays game at wolves. Just got my tickets for this too.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

Obviously we need to go looking for the win but unfortunately it’s sometimes easier said than done as we saw recently versus wolves. Hammers have got much better quality across the pitch and they are players we have historically struggled against. So let’s try to beat them but not get ahead of ourselves either, that way the comedown isn’t as bad if it’s not all 3 points 

• Like 1

On 08/10/2023 at 20:29, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Got two tickets for this, me and my middle son (he's eight yrs).

Travelling to England for a week, see the family in Brum, Alton Towers, Cadbury World then this game is the highlight.

UTV

Let's hope it's the highlight.

• Haha 2