Cup Final 7 of 37 - Pre Match chat

Pinebro

1 hour ago, villaglint said:

I know what you mean, in life I’m a very optimistic person but when it comes to Villa it’s the only rational response to a lifetime of (mostly) disappointment. For that reason it’s difficult to believe this can continue. 

But I am enjoying consistently being proven wrong by Unai. 

I just logged on to say exactly this! it must be the Villa curse that follows us. For me a draw would be a great result today, Wolves are playing much better than their league position would have us believe, and we have just had to play a very arduous match on Thursday, so I would be happy with a draw. Now over to you Unai to prove me wrong again and bring home the 3 points!

Ideally, both of them are back but I think Kamara is more important. Luiz & Kamara is the best midfield we have, I don’t want to see the Belgian boys…

Tielemans has been losing the ball far too cheaply -  a real concern. Really struggling under any form of pressure which is so disappointing.

Major downgrades…

I’d rather see McGinn helping out centrally over those two, right now anyway.

Diaby obviously makes us more dangerous and lethal in attack.

We need a similar approach as against Brighton and as Unai said then - the mentality has to be right. Run more, work harder, be more aggressive - then our quality will tell.

We have rarely been as up for this game as that lot… time to put them in their place. Just need to get our attitude right.

They see this as more of a “cup final” than we ever do… no more!

Edited by Jas10

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

Literally see these kind of posts before every match. I'll post that's the spirit everytime I see one

Not always the same people though. People will have ups and downs. Equally, we have all lived a life of Villa and that usually means waiting for the next downturn. Or like me, I am sometimes negative cos it means it doesn’t ruin my weekend just as much - and yet I still support us 100% and still want to win so much.

4 minutes ago, Enda said:

Hey @Tomaszk get over here you’re late, very poor, McCormack-esque performance from you today, what’s the lineup?

My drawbridge was stuck.

Carlos in for Zaniolo. Diaby+Kamara both start.

UTFV

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

A little surprising how downbeat or pessimistic most people seem to be about this game… especially after our result and performance against Brighton.

I know we’ve been inconsistent but we have to be winning these kinds of games to start kicking on and be more resilient…

• Like 1

The last few seasons have been shit shows at their place. They are up for it from the off, we look piss weak , their fans up for it, ours quiet as mice . I’ll be able to tell within 10 minutes of the game wether we will lose this game. 

1 hour ago, mjmooney said:

I support Villa 100%, and I always feel we will lose. I'm a born pessimist, and no amount of Emery euphoria will ever change it. 

Years and years  of conditioning Mike. For all the highs there have been diabolical lows. Can not remember the collapse in the 60’s thank God but my Dad does and has described it many times and has the same perception. I have tried not to pass it on to my lads but they started following properly when we almost went out of existence🤣Rather be like this than having the sense of entitlement of some clubs I could mention 

Edited by Follyfoot

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Ideally, both of them are back but I think Kamara is more important. Luiz & Kamara is the best midfield we have, I don’t want to see the Belgian boys…

Tielemans has been losing the ball far too cheaply -  a real concern. Really struggling under any form of pressure which is so disappointing.

Major downgrades…

I’d rather see McGinn helping out centrally over those two, right now anyway.

Diaby obviously makes us more dangerous and lethal in attack.

We need a similar approach as against Brighton and as Unai said then - the mentality has to be right. Run more, work harder, be more aggressive - then our quality will tell.

We have rarely been as up for this game as that lot… time to put them in their place. Just need to get our attitude right.

They see this as more of a “cup final” than we ever do… no more!

I thought ALL our games were cup finals these days.