Masonic villans

Jareth

Are there any Masons on here? Yeah I know that it's secretive - but we are anonymous on VT so I would like to know more about the 'club'. Didn't realise that the Catholics have a rule banning Masons, is it a parallel religion or something? Have been around the big HQ in London, they have open tours and the building is amazing.

The first rule of the Masons is: you do not talk about the Masons. The second rule of the Masons is: you DO NOT talk about the Masons! 

2 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

A bloke at work was trying to recruit me but it all sounded a bit weird and I couldn't be arsed.

Yeah a friend of mine when I lived in Lahden got into it (Oxford educated type.)

All sounded weird and a bit stupid.

We used to play at Masons' "Ladies Nights". Played at Yenton Lodge , top of Gravelly Hill, one in Moseley and the big one in Hagley Road which was called The Something Suite - can't remember. They were a funny lot and from snippets of conversastion we overheard, contained a substantial number of Police. They were quite well paid gigs though and if you went down well, would get next years gig too. The inside of the one on Hagley Road we thought was 'sinister' and lavishly furnished.. We had to learn the rather odd "Ladies Song", which started off "Ladies from The east and West" .Cant remember any more of it.

Mate of mine is one as his dad was and think he got in via that route

all they really do is load of fundraisers for charity , none of the trouser leg and hand hand shake stuff 

maybe it varies from lodge to lodge though 

I know a few people who are members. A very good friend of mine is in the Masons, as was his dad (on a side note, they were amazing with my mate when his dad died. Did loads to help him). They tried to invite me, but I told them straight, it isn't my bag at all. They seemed to be quite eager to dispel myths about being a Mason. From what I know, they do a lot of charity work, and mostly meet up to eat and drink whisky, when they're not doing the fruity nipple, trouser leg stuff. 

My Dad was a Mason for a while back in the 90s or so but said he very quickly quit due to the nonsense involved. His best friend at the time stayed with it though and supposedly loved it.

Â