Jareth

On 13/11/2023 at 12:43, skarroki said:

The complete nagging pessimist in me thinks we'll beat Spurs and then suddenly everyone will start paying attention to us. Then we'll promptly lose to Bournemouth, then get humiliated by Man City and Arsenal and scrape a draw against Brentford and suddenly somehow we're 9th and in danger of not qualifying for the ECL knockouts. Go into January with the FA Cup the only thing to play for and we draw Man Utd away. 

I think the secret here is not beating spurs!

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Captain_Townsend said:

We used to have a decent record against Man €ity before we got relegated.  Beat them a couple if times under Houllier and Lambert and even drew with them in Garde's first game.

We are due a win!

Gabby got perfect hat trick against them from memory

• Like 1

1 hour ago, robby b said:

I just looked at the table and noticed that we'd be joint top on points right now if we'd beaten Forest! As we're 12 games into the season that's amazing. 😮

And if we had beaten the dogheads as we should have.,,,,,

• Like 2

5 hours ago, icouldtelltheworld said:

Scored a hat trick against them in an early round league cup game in Lamberts first season too. Think Gareth Barry scored an own goal

Wasn't a hat trick, think it was a brace with an extra time winner.

• Thanks 1

Only time will give us the proper perspective but I think the first half today was a good illustration of the pessimistic point of view (in terms of title chances).  Winning when there is the prospect of improvement is great though.  This manager won’t use the result to justify the things that were not so good.  But really this is nit picking.  I am thrilled at how we got the job done today.