Match Thread: LC3: Villa v Everton

limpid

I think Unai has f****** up tbh. He tried to be clever last week against Legia and now the same this week messing about with the side. Not a chance can the players be fatigued after a few weeks. We should be looking for consistency before tinkering with the side. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, flashingqwerty said:

What's your point?

You can be sure if I got a bollocking from my manager my performance would dramatically improve.

This teams has not.

Bearin mind we're playing one of the relegation favourites not Real Madrid or Bayern Munich.

This is a team we should be comfortably be able to handle.

How do you know they got a bollocking ? The manager ( in whom we trust) was probably less hysterical than some of the comments on here. We are a few games into the season and this time last year were probably relegation favourites as well. 

Edited by smg
Predictive text
  • Like 1

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I think Unai has f****** up tbh. He tried to be clever last week against Legia and now the same this week messing about with the side. Not a chance can the players be fatigued after a few weeks. We should be looking for consistency before tinkering with the side. 

What and burn out by February?

Agreed.

Way too early to start rotating players.

Yes he has to learn that the squad players are only good for small appearances to minimise their damage to the first eleven. 

He has to rotate to be fair. You've got to keep players ready and you've got to keep squad players motivated. And rest first team players. 

• Like 1

So he should play the same XI every 3/4 days?

Not sure how you can blame Unais, the players and squad is there to ensure the team remain fresh. We seem to be very Jekyll and Hyde this season. The numerous injuries hasn't helped

Tried to be clever? He’s simply rotating players. He has to at some point. We can’t play the same XI for 55 games this year. 

The issue he has is that whenever he rotates, it’s like we can’t play football all of a sudden. Players like Tielemans, Dendoncker, Olsen, Chambers, they let us down time and time again. 

• Like 1