Ratings & Reactions: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/09/23 at 22:59

Only saw bits as my stream kept stopping.

From what I saw we looked out of sorts again.  We don't seem to have got going properly this season, especially away from home, except for Burnley.  Passing is sloppy compared to last season, and the defence is too easily got at.  We definitely seem to be missing Ming's leadership at the back, and I also think we miss that tricky little number 10 type like Buendia/Coutinho, especially with McGinn misfiring.   Unai knows best but I still think it might be a mistake not keeping Coutinho. 

That said we still have players bedding in, or coming back from injury,  we're 6th in the table with a positive goal difference having played 4 away including three of the sky 6+1 and only 2 at home.  I think we could be quite good once we are firing on all cylinders.  

Unusual to see such heavy criticism of the ref when we've won, so he must have been bad.   Got the red right though - eventually.

Edited by El Segundo

3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Which 8 jokers gave the referee a rating of Good?

I'll ask it straight, are ye all **** blind?

I’d imagine some would think a red card warrants it. 
Not me. Worst reffing performance I’ve ever seen and I used to play Sunday league on Billesley common. 

Edited by choffer
Typo
  • Thanks 1

Anti-Midlands bias in English media may mean all we will hear about is Chelsea’s loss not Villa’s win. But under the radar up to 6th in this league is great. 

Sterling can be such a pest. He came close, funny run and all.

Edited by Marka Ragnos

8 minutes ago, El Segundo said:

Only saw bits as my stream kept stopping.

From what I saw we looked out of sorts again.  We don't seem to have got going properly this season, especially away from home, except for Burnley.  Passing is sloppy compared to last season, and the defence is too easily got at.  We definitely seem to be missing Ming's leadership at the back, and I also think we miss that tricky little number 10 type like Buendia/Coutinho, especially with McGinn misfiring.   Unai knows best but I still think it might be a mistake not keeping Coutinho. 

That said we still have players bedding in, or coming back from injury,  we're 6th in the table with a positive goal difference having played 4 away including three of the sky 6+1 and only 2 at home.  I think we could be quite good once we are firing on all cylinders.  

Unusual to see such heavy criticism of the ref when we've won, so he must have been bad.   Got the red right though - eventually.

We gave it away a bit too often, we lacked sharpness at times - but clean sheet and a pleasing display from Torres - Ramsey looked hungry and we got the win. Great day at the office. Oh and Ollie's scoring again of course...

• Like 1

Konsa played one of his best matches since he's been here, and Kamara was back to his usual self especially in the first half too. Wasn't really in the game offensively in the first half but took our chances after the red card. Typical Watkins goal: scores the ones you never expect! Not fully sold on Digne imo, was strong offensively but think he was the weak point in the defence today. Great win all round to cheer us up after Legia. 

Refereeing performance the worst I've seen (for both sides) since the infamous Kevin Friend at Palace game. Red card was the right call (studs up at/above the ankle) but everything else was comically bad, everyone from the players to the commentators were clearly sick of Gillett by the end.

Edited by wishywashy

Love a 0-1 away win. Finally Ollie scores, time to go on one of those hot streaks now I reckon.

Emi was brilliant today, as were Dougie & Kamara. Cash, Konsa, Pau all had decent games. McGinn could do with a rest. Love Zaniolo he’s looked class every time he’s played.

Up to 6th, Thursday well and truly forgotten. UTV

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue
  • Like 1

Tough game today, their keeper pulled off some world class saves, the one from Dignes was unbelievable 👏

Kamara, Torres, Konsa, Doug our best players today, thought Zaniolo was great but faded second half, he's going to be a key player for us when he finds his feet. Clever and strong with a decent shot on him as well, great save from their keeper to stop him scoring a very similar goal to Durans half volley.

We needed this game to steady the ship, we was reckless in possession at times and second to alot of lose balls but we battled on and got the better of Chelsea throughout the game after a slow start to both half's from us.....

The ref and the linesmen were both poor all game but the last 20 minutes was the most biased ref performance i have seen, when he whistled as Bailey broke free, the Dignes elbow to the nose, Sterling hand ball. Every tackle deemed a free kick to Chelsea, calling our offsides immediately but letting Chelsea's play out just totally ineptitude.

Liverpool,  Newcastle, Burnley and Chelsea away so far, 4 away games and 2 home and we're in 6th place,  Superb tbh.