Ratings & Reactions: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/09/23 at 22:59

I'm loathe to criticise referees even when it's arguable that they may have cost us a game, but the officiating really was horrendous today. So many odd decisions. 

Weird performance on the whole. Kind of managed the game well at times but frustrated in equal measure. Take the win and move on.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, AshVilla said:

Chelsea fans are terrible.

Can't believe they were booing at the final whistle.

They have literally spent a billion in 2 summer windows.

How ungrateful.

They are a horrific and delusional bunch. They really do believe in this mental ‘project’ wherever the hell it’s meant to be. They’ll hound out Poch and continue to be awful. 

Thank god for that. A much needed win on the road and a clean sheet, not sure how we managed it with how easy Chelsea found it to carve us open at times. Martinez to the rescue, he really is an amazing keeper. 

Great to see Watkins score, this will boost him no end. Great to see JJ back and loo  looking lively. Zaniolo looking like a good signing too, he will get better as we go on. 

I’m not going to mention the disgraceful refereeing. 

It wasn’t our best performance but we showed strength and resilience, I believe we will improve as this team gels and we get Moreno back. Mings and Buendia’s injuries set us back a bit, and we’ve not been amazing so far. Yet, we are still in 6th place. 

UTV!

• Like 1

That ref was disgraceful. I cannot believe he even developed balls enough to change that yellow to a red. He was appallingly bad. 

We did well. They still carry a lot of quality and we could have had more if it wasn't for their keeper. 

4 minutes ago, KMitch said:

I don't know why the Premier League can't get the refereeing situation figured out but most of the other top leagues in the world can?  Even during the Alex Ferguson era where he was paying off/giving significant gifts to the refs it wasn't this poor.  This is the best and most profitable football league in the world, why are they not hiring the best referees from around the world to go along with it?  The PL/FA need to stop burying their heads in the sand and hoping it sorts itself out because it's getting worse year after year. 

This guy was imported form Australia because he was supposed to be one of the best around.  I've seen him have a few shockers. 

• Like 1

Â