Ratings & Reactions: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/09/23 at 22:59

37 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Don’t think we played as well as we can but we won so all good. What a calendar year!

played better with the ball, than without it....it was too easy for them.

49 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Have to say Chelsea are better than their results of late. They have quality all over the field and will click. 

They are all good if you let them be.....Those launched balls over the top, should be stopped at source...every team we play has cottoned on to it now.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

We’re in the top six despite not playing to our best and the team is still gelling.

Excellent three points and delighted that Ollie is finally off the mark.

It's only going to get better.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, bose said:

We’re in the top six despite not playing to our best and the team is still gelling.

Excellent three points and delighted that Ollie is finally off the mark.

It's only going to get better.

I hope so. particularly in terms of performances, defensive performances.

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We are picking up results and we are still nowhere near our best.

Positive,

I think this is the most promising thing about our start to the season is that I don't see us as being anywhere near up to full pelt yet and certainly defensively we are still gelling and getting over the loss of Mings. 

The great thing is that the person who will be most drumming home that, despite the good start, we can do much better performance wise is Emery himself. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rightdm00 said:

Probably controversial but the ref made the one call that mattered. Could care less about the more marginal calls. 

He seemed to give every decision to Chelsea after the red (wouldn't have been 10 years ago but plenty of players get sent off for that type of tackle nowadays).

Blowing straight away when Bailey was pretty much in on goal was a complete travesty just to book Chilwell. He also then ignored a blatant Sterling handball and then penalised Duran two minutes later when it looked like it hits his shoulder.

That was just in injury time.

Martinez world class.

Pau, Konsa and Kamara played so well.

Luiz great as ever… still a bit of concern around McGinn, we need him back to his best asap. More promising  signs from Zaniolo…

We are getting there…

Great to see Ollie score again, hopefully he goes on a long run now…

Onwards and upwards!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, TRO said:

played better with the ball, than without it....it was too easy for them.

I think it was more like we made it easier in certain zones. Diaby seemed a bit disengaged at times. Cash seemed to give their left so many opportunities to cross. It was driving me crazy. But Kamara, Zanny, Duran, Tielemans, and Bailey -- yes, Bailey -- were aggressive and relentless. Was it Bailey or Tielemans who did that hysterically funny thing towards the end where he''d been knocked to the ground and they passed the ball whilst on their arses, flailing on the pitch? Never seen that before from Villa. I feel like some of our players have heard you, @TRO. They are challenging more.

Edited by Marka Ragnos