Ratings & Reactions: Chelsea v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

255 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 26/09/23 at 22:59

Big important win. We needed that today, especially with it being away where we’ve looked pretty suspect this season. 

Just Brighton to go then we can really start looking forward to a good run after that hopefully. 

One time I'm glad of VAR, we weren't getting anything out that ref. I can't imagine how frustrating it would have been for our boys. Well done for keeping their heads. Professional.

Edited by Jonesy7211
Auto correct
  • Like 1

Great performance on the road. Martinez kept us in the lead but some bizarre refereeing, stopping the game to give the yellow when we were basically through on goal was insane. 

The ref did well with the red though. I thought it was clear but that he might not give it due to the ball being involved. 

Could have easily been 4-3 instead of 1-0, but we absolutely deserved that. 

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

There haven't been a lot of big decisions to make, and the biggest one was the red, which was correct, yet somehow this is still the worst refereeing and assistant refereeing performance I've ever seen, even in the Championship. 

Getting in the way of players, stopping the first half early, seeming to not understand the advantage rule, fouls being an absolute cointoss, handballs given from a foot away, not even getting goalkicks/corners and the direction of throw ins correct. It was an absolute disasterclass from start to finish, he needs demoting. 

I don't know why the Premier League can't get the refereeing situation figured out but most of the other top leagues in the world can?  Even during the Alex Ferguson era where he was paying off/giving significant gifts to the refs it wasn't this poor.  This is the best and most profitable football league in the world, why are they not hiring the best referees from around the world to go along with it?  The PL/FA need to stop burying their heads in the sand and hoping it sorts itself out because it's getting worse year after year. 

• Like 2

Â