Match Thread: Villa v Crystal Palace

limpid

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Apparently the Man Utd disallowed goal might be quite controversial.

Haven't seen it at all, but that's VAR getting involved at Old Trafford to disallow a Man Utd goal which apparently never happens according to the conspiracy theorists.

Not controversial at all. Ball is clearly out of play! 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Apparently the Man Utd disallowed goal might be quite controversial.

Haven't seen it at all, but that's VAR getting involved at Old Trafford to disallow a Man Utd goal which apparently never happens according to the conspiracy theorists.

nah, there's a clear shot of the ball being out of play right before it gets played over for the goal. there'd be a firestorm I'd think if it wasn't ruled out

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Archer would not be coming on though. Duran was clearly ahead of him in the pecking order

Archer being a stick to beat Unai or Monchi is weird

I'm not really having a pop but did you see how sharp Archer looked in his first PL start? I am a little surprised we didn't think he'd be a good option who could get plenty of minutes.

And if Archer was on in that first half, highly likely it's not 0-0.

Edited by Tom13
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

All strikers do it.

Difference is that Ollie has 0 league goals this season so the usual suspects are on his back.

Bizarre dig at people questioning him given as you say he’s scored zero goals and playing poorly today.

Just now, Tom13 said:

I'm not really having a pop but did you see how sharp Archer looked in his first PL start? I am a little surprised we didn't think he'd be a good option who could get plenty of minutes.

And if Archer was on in that first half, highly likely it's not 0-0.

Plenty of Blades fans said that he didn't do much bar those two shots.  Obviously, they weren't complaining about those (:D) but Archer in the brief moments he's had with us, and also with Middlesbrough and Sheff Utd is a finisher and very little else.

Nothing wrong with that, but he's really not the answer. 

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Digne off for Moreno seems like a no-brainer of a change to me, if Digne can't get his crossing right he really doesn't offer much at all. 

He could have easily had 2 assists so far. Cash shit header and Watkins awful touch has prevented him though. 

• Like 1