Match Thread: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Just now, Awol said:

Fair comment IF we had bought that striker. The dogs in the street knew we needed another attacker. Shipping out one the better options we did have without replacing him was nuts (imo). 

Who are we realistically bringing in though? I don't think we can attract an upgrade on Watkins just yet, and we're not getting anyone at his level to play backup. Yes Archer knows where the goal is but he's going to be a downgrade whenever he's on the pitch over Watkins, so it makes sense to take a good fee for him with the buy-back option in case he does look like that player in future (or if we can turn further profit).

I find Watkins really frustrating at times but he's still easily our best striker and I can't see who we could attract as a ready-made upgrade. 

not good.Does have strong flavour of repeat of Newcastle with the early goal followed by the injury and being cut open way to easily too often.  But we did have 2 good chances, one of them should've gone in.obv if they get next goal, it's over. Diaby is the one hope, if he could conjure something to get to 2-1, game could be on.

Prob see Tielemans for Kamara soon as he's a risk on yellow.

2 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

I really didn't think Unai would employ the high line here today. We know how Liverpool and Nunez exploited it on Boxing Day last year

It's his thing. Like it or not it's the way we play, and he's made it clear he won't be changing it.

1 minute ago, Icarium said:

Torres is an absolute liability playing out from the back. Being outplayed all over the park. If the game keeps up like this it will be 2 pastings from teams we thought we would competing with. 

Playing out form the back isn’t the issue with Pau.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Why does Alexander Arnold deserve to be full named at every opportunity 

Because the meeja think he pisses champagne and shits foie gras.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, nepal_villan said:

Problem with Troare and Bailey is there is just too much liability in their play.  You're almost playing with 10 men if they arent on it

Bailey has been lively. The problem is we're struggling to get the ball out of defense. When we do the central midfield are struggling to get out of our half.

at the moment we are just 11 players out there doing....nothing......either we need to get on the ball and get into a passing rhytm or be physical and try and outmuscle them via hardwork and endeavour...currently we are 2-0 down and strolling around, whats the point of us continuing. lets do something to try and change it