Match Thread: Liverpool v Villa

limpid

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We haven't been great.

However, let's not forget the quality of the opposition either.

I want to see Zaniolo on.

Same here, can the Italian stallion be our saviour?

Who do we take off?

I would have preferred Nico over Leon… maybe he’s not fully fit…

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

We haven't been great.

However, let's not forget the quality of the opposition either.

I want to see Zaniolo on.

Its a valid point but we have literally applied zero pressure on a reserve back two cb pairing. Its been really bad

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Troglodyte said:

Archer is not the level of striker for where we're hoping to be right now.

Fair comment IF we had bought that striker. The dogs in the street knew we needed another attacker. Shipping out one the better options we did have without replacing him was nuts (imo). 

2 minutes ago, Herman22 said:

Amazing from this shit ref! Cash’s shirt is pulled over his head and he gives Liverpool advantage! 

I mean, that fat fook Simon Hooper was huffing and puffing so far back in Liverpool's half he couldn't even see it.  No idea how some of these walking pastries are able to pass the fitness tests to be a Premier League referee, let alone the vision screening.

So **** easy for Liverpool. The commentator in listening to has it totally right - no pressure on the ball and persisting with a high line against an attack full of pace. Not sure what Emery’s game plan is today - been totally outthought and outplayed. 

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

We’ve got to be patient with this team… we’ve had some real setbacks… it hasn’t gone smoothly at all… first with Emi, then Ty… now Diego? Tough start to the season for us…

Hopefully it’s all a big test and challenge we can overcome asap… need to show strength, fight and character. 

We are going to get a lot better as the season progresses… players to be integrated and settled…

No, we're not winning at anfield, everyone out...

To be fair the performance and lack of effort / battle is more concerning than the score, we've not looked interested let alone good enough

• Like 1