January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

Leave it Nick 

Ok, this thread took a turn today…with talking about people who violate the dead and alive yet we’ve signed a player so it’s not even quiet.

Welcome Morgan to this great club, just don’t read the forums! 😂

Edited by nick76

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

This Rogers guy better be bloody Ronaldinho, four bids! for a player that is in the same conversation as Bidace is borderline concerning, emery and co better have thought this through a million times and been convinced by him.

4 bids according to journalists. 
I suspect it's more about the structure of the deal, given a hefty chunk is conditional, and there's a sell on to Citeh.
Plus - its all coming from Boro, so are they releasing info for their fans - who seemed to have thought they were getting £15m to £20m for him, but now seems to be £8m, plus add ons. 

The Bidace comparisons are mad. They're all about the here and now on a few games in different teams - but this guy can play across the line, so it isn't a direct comparison. Also, its often about potential, and Rogers may have a much higher ceiling than JBP. Professional coaches see this. 

These things are always much more nuanced that Twitter and ITKs would have us believe. 

But I agree  - anything less than Ronaldinho level would be a disgrace!

1 hour ago, Jas10 said:

I’d be open to a swap deal… the return of villalad for striker…

Not sure what position he plays but I’ve already had one transfer this season so I’m staying put.

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

I would bet that messi11 was Villalad21, and that they now exist on this forum under another username… 

I have a suspicion but can’t say any more :detect:

Yeah that user has redefined himself more than David Bowie. Commendable almost.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, striker said:

Yeah forgot about him as he’s on loan. Actually posted that Villa should go in for him on loan at the time but was slated for it on here.😂

However, he would be the only one from Man U I’d take but of course he comes with a multitude of baggage!

Greenwood? As in Mason Greenwood? The rapist and woman abuser?

I’d rather the club folded than see him wear our kit.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

I would bet that messi11 was Villalad21, and that they now exist on this forum under another username… 

I have a suspicion but can’t say any more :detect:

Any of you on the Villa Facebook groups, would also suspect he is one of the many " Dean " posters on those groups 😂

A bloke with about 10 accounts called Dean, similar posting style and bollox as well.

• Haha 1

Clearly we’re short, I don’t get the logic of not signing anyone because of FFP when surely we’ll lose revenue by missing out on CL by not signing anyone…

6 hours ago, striker said:

Yeah forgot about him as he’s on loan. Actually posted that Villa should go in for him on loan at the time but was slated for it on here.😂

However, he would be the only one from Man U I’d take but of course he comes with a multitude of baggage!

and rightfully slated

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Clearly we’re short, I don’t get the logic of not signing anyone because of FFP when surely we’ll lose revenue by missing out on CL by not signing anyone…

That doesn't change the fact that we can't spend due to FFP. The income and outgoings would be in different years accounts

19 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Have signings post Smith not shown that a new signing doesn't mean a improvement signing? Risk FFP sanction on hopium?

21 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I suspect you're just annoyed and actually do understand the logic, but to put it simply a) those would go onto different sets of accounts as we wouldn't get CL money until next season, and b ) it's perfectly possible - on today's display, quite likely - that we will fail to qualify for the CL even if we do sign one or two players. 

• Like 1