January Transfer Window 2024

TheAuthority

30 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

True but he can do something off the bench if we need it. He is capable enough and can come on in CDM, RB, RCB if we are down to the bones. 

I think that's the key phrase.

I don't want to see him unless it's a dire emergency. He's not and has never been good enough.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

I think that's the key phrase.

I don't want to see him unless it's a dire emergency. He's not and has never been good enough.

To be honest I think there is a good player in there, in regards to Chambers. He has a lot of good qualities. But he seem very nervy passing the ball around on the edge of his own area. Plus the team needs pace at the back. I think struggles with the pressure, maybe a lack of belief!?

So ultimately (if he was fit) I'd pick Hause over Chambers at centre back, which says it all about his future at the club! 

• Like 1

I think we need to think where Emery wants the versatility in the squad. I think Pau is a LB/LCB and Konsa RB/RCB in a functional back 3 in possession. For this to work we need an attacking RB/RM who has similar profile to Moreno on left. If we play a CB at full back we play an attacking full back ahead of him on that side. 

I also feel we need a right footed winger / versatile forward. It depends where Buendia fits in, I think he's best as the s/s dropping off Watkins into the 10 position. His workrate and skilled passing would be perfect in a high press role there. So we would have him as competition for Diaby there. 

LM has JJ really, I think McGinn or Zaniolo there isn't the natural place for them. So a right footed winger could operate well here and give us options. 

For me the squad changes would be out Chambers, Dendonker, Traore - replace them with attacking RB, a Right footed winger/ wide forward and ball winning 6. 

I'm still worried by losing Watkins, I think either the right footed winger / forward is capable of leading line if needed or we find or loan in an experienced striker. 

We need to move Olsen on too and replace.

• Like 2

We need players that can dominate the ball, if we look at how Arsenal and Spurs had a lot more of the ball than us, I'd like to see players come in that can keep hold of the ball, far too often the likes of Zaniolo and Diaby just lose the ball. 

18 hours ago, Marka Ragnos said:

That guy's video persona is like fingernails on a chalkboard for me. I can't think of many Villa questions where Timo Werner is an answer. 

18 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually always said I liked Werner lol. Tenacious, hard working and quick.

Not to be depended on as a " striker " though.

UE might bring the best out of him.

• Like 2

With a striker being on some people’s wish lists in January thought I’d throw some names out there as possibilities. 

Borja Iglesias (Real Betis) - not getting much game time but has a decent strike rate. Luke De Jong (PSV) - 33 but still prolific, Paulinho (Sporting) - limited game time at Sporting. Vangelis Pavlidis (AZ Alkmaar) - looked decent against us and scores regularly. 

You can see in games that the good teams press the ball to Cash. They want him to have the ball under pressure because they know more times than not that’s where they’ll get the ball back. Nothing is more important than a starting RB who is hopefully a triple threat like Moreno. Strong on the ball, defensively and can provide width and progression with the ball offensively. Absolutely essential to beat the low block teams. 

Edited by DakotaVilla

4 hours ago, TRO said:

UE might bring the best out of him.

If we are going to be serious here then if he is the right kind of striker as in similar to Ollie, then his goal record previously is very good.

i think that leaves the question of if he has been played incorrectly or it is mental vs has he had some sort of physical change in his body since he was doing so well. 
mid it’s the latter stay clear

• Like 1

2 hours ago, burchy said:

With a striker being on some people’s wish lists in January thought I’d throw some names out there as possibilities. 

Borja Iglesias (Real Betis) - not getting much game time but has a decent strike rate. Luke De Jong (PSV) - 33 but still prolific, Paulinho (Sporting) - limited game time at Sporting. Vangelis Pavlidis (AZ Alkmaar) - looked decent against us and scores regularly. 

All feel like players we would buy when we are fighting to get in the top 10 and not now where we are trying to take advantage of being in the CL places.  Think we need to think of better quality imo.

I hope we're still looking at Frimpong. Can you imagine him and Diaby and Bailey together on one team?  We'd get fined for running an unauthorised high-speed goals train. That's my dream signing at the moment.

Cut back and cross machine:

Edited by Marka Ragnos
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Marka Ragnos said:

I hope we're still looking at Frimpong. Can you imagine him and Diaby and Bailey together on one team?

yeah, im sure our defence would have a heart attack, and we would all be wondering why we concede over 9000 goals.