Clément Lenglet

Tom13

10 minutes ago, villan95 said:

In all seriousness I do agree it's something to consider but I trust Unai to get the balance right. He hasn't become a serial winner by neglecting the defensive side of the game.

As you say the Liverpool game will be a big test for us and will show if the Newcastle game was a bad day at the office or whether there are any big deficiencies in our game.

I am not suggesting that, at all.....He has built his reputation on a sound solid defence.

I am just making observations on where we are at present....I have every confidence UE will get us even better, after all he said he is only 10% in to the improvement programme. 

His current win ration with us, is the best he has ever achieved, bar PSG....so I am well aware of the progress he has made so far, which is phenomenal.

My comments are not meant to be criticisms, they are meant to be opinion based observations.

• Like 2

This is this years equivalent of getting a cb in on loan for the season from Southampton. Got no problem whatsoever with it   doesnt put Mings nose out either and as we are a family now things like that are important.  

13 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

This is this years equivalent of getting a cb in on loan for the season from Southampton. Got no problem whatsoever with it   doesnt put Mings nose out either and as we are a family now things like that are important.  

Bednarek, gave me the collywobbles.

Edited by TRO

17 minutes ago, sne said:

He's 6ft 1 and 81kg (according to the internet) so he's not really that small. That's almost 2.5 Elphick's ffs.

West Hams girls are bigger than that

• Haha 3

12 minutes ago, TRO said:

I am not suggesting that, at all.....He has built his reputation on a sound solid defence.

I am just making observations on where we are at present....I have every confidence UE will get us even better, after all he said he is only 10% in to the improvement programme. 

His current win ration with us, is the best he has ever achieved, bar PSG....so I am well aware of the progress he has made so far, which is phenomenal.

My comments are not meant to be criticisms, they are meant to be opinion based observations.

It seems we're on the same page then 🙂 I also see certain frailties, even in the Burnley and Everton matches both teams had a few opportunities to score that we could have prevented. And of course the Newcastle game speaks for itself when they could have scored 7 or 8!

I think we probably have to show some patience though what with there being new defensive partnerships being formed and players like Carlos and Torres settling into the league.

It seems we all have confidence though that we're going to see continuous improvement under Unai as the man just seeks perfection. If we can become even more miserly in defence while posing the threat we do at the other end we're going to be a scary prospect!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, villan95 said:

It seems we're on the same page then 🙂 I also see certain frailties, even in the Burnley and Everton matches both teams had a few opportunities to score that we could have prevented. And of course the Newcastle game speaks for itself when they could have scored 7 or 8!

I think we probably have to show some patience though what with there being new defensive partnerships being formed and players like Carlos and Torres settling into the league.

It seems we all have confidence though that we're going to see continuous improvement under Unai as the man just seeks perfection. If we can become even more miserly in defence while posing the threat we do at the other end we're going to be a scary prospect!

I understand on Paper Carlos and Torres are amongst 2 of the most sought after pair of centre backs in Europe......but results and performances dictate opinions......I feel sure they will blend well.

Mings and Konsa have formed a really solid undertstanding and it takes time....and I am happy for them to be still an integral part of our club.....but these 2 we have in now, are pedigree.

I agree with you, centre backs take time to form an understanding.....I watched Evans & McNaught form ( Fort Knox)  but it took time.

If we get Lenglet, I hope he's ok.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

I think he's really quite bad but guess I should accept this one will likely happen. He isn't going to be a starter at least. 

Lenglet and Torres are extremely similar though so it does at least make sense for him to cover that role.

asdOC0e.png1CGOCjJ.png

Â