Clément Lenglet

Tom13

Looks like a cover option for Mings more than anything else. 

I think we're happy to defend by having a high line and keeping the ball...rather than dominating in one v one duels constantly. 

Seems a reasonable option for low funds. Why not? Especially if Hause ends up going.

9 minutes ago, villan95 said:

The opposition can't score if we've got the ball 😉 

Too true.......but keeping it is easier said, than done......sure we are progressing well, at doing just that

but thats on average 50% of the game time......we also need to make provision, for when we haven't got the ball, and we are work in progress on that too.

I'm all for quality work when we have the ball, and I am all for defenders having quality on the ball......but I also reserve a bit of time and thought, for stopping the opposition, when they have the ball.....we still have a tendency to concede avoidable goals, mainly to individual errors.

We have acquitted ourselves well, in the last 3 games, albeit the opposition, has to be given consideration in that.....The Newcastle game is still alive, in my head and way they cut through us, is still not lost on me....when I have seen 2 teams since ( albeit amongst the best) stop them from playing.

The Liverpool game will be interesting to see, if we can keep some semblance of control of that game...and how we fair, when we haven't got the ball.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, May-Z said:

I think we're happy to defend by having a high line and keeping the ball...rather than dominating in one v one duels constantly. 

Seems a reasonable option for low funds. Why not? Especially if Hause ends up going.

I think while that works its fine......but when we are defending our goal, winning a few one on one duels is handy.

The ideal world is one thing.....but teams do get their opportunities around our box, its then we need a robust approach to blocking or winning the ball.

When the long ball comes in to our danger area, we are not the best at dominating in the air, and clearing.

Don't get me wrong, overall we are doing great....just pin pointing a few areas of the weaker elements of our game.

27 minutes ago, May-Z said:

I think Sundays also showed we are happy to let possession based teams have the ball in non dangerous areas and then hit them on the break. Can see us playing this way on Sunday and really frustrating Liverpool.

9 minutes ago, Jareth said:

He'll need somewhere to live and as he's only here temporarily any flat or house would be on a leng-let

Maybe he could move into the soon to be vacated Kortney Hause?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Emery could sign some 45 year old having a kick about in power league and I'd fully trust it. 

Wanna be my agent????….. I’m a 42 year old having a kick about at Powerleague…. Surely I stand a chance 😂 

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, sne said:

Maybe he could move into the soon to be vacated Kortney Hause?

Possible. I think this signing would signal that we're going back to a flat back 4.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, TRO said:

Too true.......but keeping it is easier said, than done......sure we are progressing well, at doing just that

but thats on average 50% of the game time......we also need to make provision, for when we haven't got the ball, and we are work in progress on that too.

I'm all for quality work when we have the ball, and I am all for defenders having quality on the ball......but I also reserve a bit of time and thought, for stopping the opposition, when they have the ball.....we still have a tendency to concede avoidable goals, mainly to individual errors.

We have acquitted ourselves well, in the last 3 games, albeit the opposition, has to be given consideration in that.....The Newcastle game is still alive, in my head and way they cut through us, is still not lost on me....when I have seen 2 teams since ( albeit amongst the best) stop them from playing.

The Liverpool game will be interesting to see, if we can keep some semblance of control of that game...and how we fair, when we haven't got the ball.

In all seriousness I do agree it's something to consider but I trust Unai to get the balance right. He hasn't become a serial winner by neglecting the defensive side of the game.

As you say the Liverpool game will be a big test for us and will show if the Newcastle game was a bad day at the office or whether there are any big deficiencies in our game.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think while that works its fine......but when we are defending our goal, winning a few one on one duels is handy.

The ideal world is one thing.....but teams do get their opportunities around our box, its then we need a robust approach to blocking or winning the ball.

When the long ball comes in to our danger area, we are not the best at dominating in the air, and clearing.

Don't get me wrong, overall we are doing great....just pin pointing a few areas of the weaker elements of our game.

I don't disagree. I feel that's necessary as well.

However, I think Emery prioritises a defender who can play the ball over one who is better at the physical elements...which is why this link could be a goer.

I think Carlos is probably the perfect hybrid of the two elements but I don't think there's too many of his ilk about at this point. 

24 minutes ago, lexicon said:

Bit of a step up from Bednarek last year... 

this

he'll be coming in as our 4th choice CB as cover for our guy who is injured, probably getting a run out in the cup games 

this is a 28 year old in his prime, ex french international who made 26 appearances in the PL for spurs last year and 20+ appearances per year for barca and sevilla before that....as our 4th choice cover....

its pretty decent if we're honest

• Like 1

Â