Ratings & Reactions: Burnley v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

240 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your man of the match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 29/08/23 at 22:59

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Excellent - a little wobble at the start of the second half but we really could have been out of sight by then anyway.

The three CB's looked calm and controlled, the midfield dominated and we look really sharp up front.

Pleased for Cash and his goals, for Digne on another assist and Diaby with a goal and an assist - we look sharp at the sharp end, even without Ollie scoring.

Loved Zaniolo's debut - he seemed to be on a mission to make something happen - I like that a lot.

We're a little thin and we probably need to do something in the market this week, but injured players will start to come back after the international break and the quality we have is now outstanding - we're a good side.

Yes with JJ, Moreno and Dendoncker back our bench options will be much superior.

Coutinho replaced with another attacker and we're looking good 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, MachoFantastico said:

Happy with the result. Hopefully, Zaniolo gets some more time against Hibs in the week. Great performances from McGinn, Kamara, Luis and Cash. 

He can’t play against Hibs (played for Galatasaray in CL qualification game), but available after that…

Signs are promising, a lot of talent to unlock there…

Very pleased with that result. I watched a couple of Burnley fan YouTube channels this week and I know that fan channels have to be partisan but the disrespect they were showing Villa was eye opening. They really think they are a bigger club. Anyway great away win, couldn't rate anything as I only watched a watch along, but well done lads.

Gave Cashy MOTM, he’s one of the players who will divide fans but always gives his all for the team. Special mention for the gaffer, few fans seemed nervous about the starting 11 but it’s like he knows what he’s doing!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, jackbauer24 said:

Cash was magnificent in the first half but second half his only real focus was going for hattrick when on a few occasions there were far better options. For that reason, I think McGinn deserves MOTM for a selfless, hard working performance for 90mins.

Such an accurate description for John… he is our heartbeat!

• Like 1

It's Zanigoalo, not Zaniassistolo!  Gotta make some allowances for attempting a debut first touch goal. I'm pretty sure that in just about any other circumstance, he properly dishes that to Ollie.  

16 minutes ago, Daweii said:

I never once thought we would lose and I mean that as we have too many goals in this team.

"If it's goals you're after, Unai Emery's side are the ones to watch" (BBC sports app). 

• Like 3

Very good overall. Burnley had spells in the 2nd where we did look a bit ropey but we showed resilience too.

Not sure we've ever had a team with more quality on the ball than what we have now. Players who want to receive the ball to feet in tight spaces, players across the field all capable of picking passes. Zaniolo looks like will be great addition to that.

Diaby looks a lot like Sadao Mane to me, that mixture of pace, directness but also great linkup play and calm clinical finishing. Think there will be a few clubs in the nominal top 6 kicking themselves for not going for him from the way he has started.

Between Pau and Carlos, the latter looks more assured currently and if we go back to 2, it could be that Carlos-Konsa is the preference initially. Might take Pau a bit longer to get up to speed defensively, though you can see his quality on the ball.

the late changes did seem to disjoint us a bit. Did Emery stick Cash LB purely to stop him making more attempts on the hattrick?!

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Slight concern that we rely too heavily on him atm… such an important player and transformed by Unai…

I know what you mean but I’m hoping that JJ will be the one that takes up the challenge of taking SJM’s spot in the team.. when he’s fit..

Â