TheAuthority

I'm not envying Olsen at all. One misplaced pass and his own fans will be all over him. The blessing is this is away and not VP.

If Olsen pulls off a good game, I'll hand it to him: he's got some nerves.

14 minutes ago, Amed said:

Promoted team, first home game v different formation, goalkeeper and defence for us - I’ll take a point now if offered. 

It's not their first home game though. They played Man City first game of the season at home.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AshVilla said:

Why isnt Aaron Ramsey on our bench?

well, if we lose or get overrun, it might be a legitimate question....we'll see.

5 minutes ago, Farlz said:

Better close down that race for Champions League thread if we're shitting ourselves over Burnley. 

It's basically the same sides that beat Everton and Hibs. 

It appears to be very hard for some to accept that there is a new positivity around the club and are having difficulty in catching up. Perhaps being negative is more fun ?

Edited by smg
Wrong word
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Mings was always going to be big miss....He is the Alpha male in the team, I think we are still a bit light with that type.

I'm hoping Carlos can cover, that natural aggression, that we'll miss from him.....Watching West Ham yesterday, they has so many, of that type.

When Carlos is aggressive, he's often reckless. Not sure I want that, took Mings a long time to know the limit too.

35 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

The thing that worries me most about a back five is that it includes all of the fit players we have at every position in the back line.

A single injury anywhere on that line and we have to change formation.

Some on here think we have enough cover with Chambers, Dendoncker and Hause! We need one more quality centreback, even a season long loan just to cover for Mings.

1 minute ago, GeordieVillan said:

Some on here think we have enough cover with Chambers, Dendoncker and Hause! We need one more quality centreback, even a season long loan just to cover for Mings.

Maybe someone like Bednarek?

• Haha 2

Just now, AVTuco said:

When Carlos is aggressive, he's often reckless. Not sure I want that, took Mings a long time to know the limit too.

being aggressive is not the same as being reckless.....you can be aggressive with yourself in getting fired up.

Aggression is required in this league.....but controlled aggression.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, smg said:

It appears to be very hard for some to accept that there is a new positivity around the club and are having difficulty in catching up. Perhaps be negative is more fun ?

It's a defence mechanism. Can't be disappointed or let down if you aim for failure.

Sadly indicative of todays society. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

The centre half situation is a real issue for Emery. He clearly doesn’t know who his best pairing is and feels as though he’s shoehorning players in. 

Reminds me of the Ings/Watkins situation. Injuries haven’t helped obviously.

Something about that side makes me uneasy. 

That would be Olsen. 

I think injuries have actually helped, as emery couldn't break up the Mings-Konsa partnership so was using torres at LB, which doesn't suit him. His first choice pairing is now Carlos and Torres. 

Just now, Talldarkandransome said:

We have enough to win this, lessons will have been learnt from Newcastle. We've dominated the last two games without going above 2nd gear.. 

We can't expect such a passive offering from this opponent, as the last 2.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I'm not envying Olsen at all. One misplaced pass and his own fans will be all over him. The blessing is this is away and not VP.

If Olsen pulls off a good game, I'll hand it to him: he's got some nerves.

He's being extremely well paid to have "some nerves".

I don't get this narrative of poor Olsen and all the pressure on his shoulders and aren't Villa fans terribly quick to turn etc

If you want to play Premier league football, and what's more you want to play for Aston Villa, expect it. Expectations are high and they should be. 

If he **** up, that's on him, not the supporters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

being aggressive is not the same as being reckless.....you can be aggressive with yourself in getting fired up.

Aggression is required in this league.....but controlled aggression.

We agree. But I'm afraid Carlos may be too hotheaded. We'll see.

32 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

Less than half a dozen games into the new season and I'm already **** sick to death of our continued injury curse.

Agree Rob. It seems we suffer so many  and all our injuries always seem to take longer to clear up too. Just knew Emi wd be out as soon as he went off the other night🤬

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

His first choice pairing is now Carlos and Torres. 

I'm not sure that's the case - I think the injury to Mings will be helpful to Pau Torres in letting him settle in his most comfortable position, but I think Emery's current first choice pairing is Torres and Konsa.

• Like 3