Konsa - Carlos - Torres - Digne
Cash - Luiz - Kamara - McGinn
Diaby - Watkins 

Olsen
Konsa - Carlos - Torres
Luiz - Kamara 
Diaby - McGinn
Cash - Watkins - Digne

Obviously could be wrong but pretty sure it isn't a change in system at all. 

I'm guessing like everyone else, but my guess is that we're going to be 5-3-2 in defence, 3-4-3 in transition, and 3-2-5 in attack, with Cash and Digne moving between the lines as necessary and McGinn falling back into midfield when in defence...

Defence:

Cash - Konsa - Diego - Pau - Digne
Kamara - Doug - McGinn
Diaby - Watkins

Transition:

Konsa - Diego - Pau
Cash - Kamara - Doug - Digne
Diaby - Watkins - McGinn

Attack:

Konsa - Diego - Pau
Kamara - Doug
Cash - Diaby - Watkins - McGinn - Digne

I'm curious if he's just experimenting or if this is a tactical response to something he sees in Burnley. I'm thinking the latter.

Fact is Emery is happy with Olsen as our keeper

A lot of nonsense on here. 

Do people really believe Emery is SO worried about Olsen playing that he's changed the whole system just to compensate for him? 

If he really really felt that way there is zero chance he would not have brought in a new keeper. 

We've played with 5 at the back in pre season. It's obviously a formation Emery sees working for certain apponents and it seems Burnley is one of them. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, est1874 said:

He's being extremely well paid to have "some nerves".

I don't get this narrative of poor Olsen and all the pressure on his shoulders and aren't Villa fans terribly quick to turn etc

If you want to play Premier league football, and what's more you want to play for Aston Villa, expect it. Expectations are high and they should be. 

If he **** up, that's on him, not the supporters.

We've seen it, atleast online. It is what it is, but it's self-harming.

The line up on Thursday will be interesting - a whole pile of injuries and some of the fringe players gone - will he be forced to play this group again, or go right down into the very young players for depth?

We could really do with getting through this game with no more injuries.

• Like 2

Just now, sidcow said:

Fact is Emery is happy with Olsen as our keeper

A lot of nonsense on here. 

Do people really believe Emery is SO worried about Olsen playing that he's changed the whole system just to compensate for him? 

If he really really felt that way there is zero chance he would not have brought in a new keeper. 

We've played with 5 at the back in pre season. It's obviously a formation Emery sees working for certain apponents and it seems Burnley is one of them. 

I you don’t know that Emery is happy with Olsen. 

10 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

I'm not envying Olsen at all. One misplaced pass and his own fans will be all over him. The blessing is this is away and not VP.

If Olsen pulls off a good game, I'll hand it to him: he's got some nerves.

Again, don't get VT and social media keyboard warriors confused with real life at Villa Park.  At an actual match he'd get as much backing as any other reserve player getting a start. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Again, don't get VT and social media keyboard warriors confused with real life at Villa Park.  At an actual match he'd get as much backing as any other reserve player getting a start. 

Hope so, I can't get to games so things like this are out of my reach. Thanks for letting me know mate.

-------------------------Martinez-------------------------

xxxxxx---------xxxxxx-------Mings----Moreno

-------------Dendoncker---Iroegbunam---------

------Buendia-------Coutinho------Ramsey----

-------------------------xxxxxxx--------------------------

Our injured side is only a couple of players away from being a very decent team.

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Why did we even play Martinez against Hibs. He’s the one player we can’t afford to lose. Seems daft to me.

Him and McGinn - let's hope SJM can stay injury free. 

• Like 1