Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

Tonali has been class in 2 key moments tbh...it was criminal how he was allowed to run straight through the middle and be left all that space for their first though, we basically did what burnley did against haaland yday and left him with too much room.

32 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

focus now needs to be on winning the ECL....throw everything at it

I don’t mean to offend… but we need to calm down and not be too reactionary…

We have played one half of one game of the long season ahead…

Trust in Unai…

1 minute ago, Indigo said:

Cash played Botman onside and the ref didn't give an offside against Digne, he gave a foul for Kamara blocking Trippier off. Clutching at straws blaming the officiating for us losing here.

I think people are annoyed that Burn was offside and fouled Cash who could have challenged for the cross if hadn't been impeded.  Of course it won't get looked at on Sky though.

Just now, Callum said:

unforgivable from cash and bailey. Don’t know why or how they are given the benefit of the doubt time and time again. Awful. No place for it in this team. 

Bailey agreed. I don't think Cash is great at all but that one is on poor planning further up. Letting Young go without having an RB replacement was just daft.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We're just not quite there - a half second off sharp.

We look bright whenever Diaby gets on it, but Watkins has been subdued and Bailey largely forced into a defensive role.

McGinn and Kamara are battling and Doug got better as the game went on, but he started really poorly and Kamara has started giving the ball away a lot.

Konsa and Pau look solid enough - such a shame for Ty, he's worked so hard under Emery and improved a great deal - to have a setback at this stage is terrible for him.

Digne and Cash have been sort of okay - not an easy game for either of them - we really, really, really need Digne to avoid a second yellow.

We have some potential ganechangers on the bench, so the game still very much alive. 

2 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Cash played Botman onside and the ref didn't give an offside against Digne, he gave a foul for Kamara blocking Trippier off. Clutching at straws blaming the officiating for us losing here.

The same way Cash was blocked off for their 2nd goal ? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Digavilla said:

Our team is really unbalance , very weak on both flanks . Really missed Buendia/Moreno/Ramsey on the left

I really have to disagree. We're away from home to a really good team who may well be in the mix this season. We're in a very very tough game but we ARE right in it and we have been at them down both flanks several times. 

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

What happened to Mings has put a dampener on this whole game for me, whatever happens. I'm absolutely gutted for him.

In terms of the game itself, I don't like getting on players' backs but this half has just continued to affirm that Bailey isn't good enough outside of isolated moments and we still need a right back. For that second goal Cash is again breaking the offside line by standing two yards behind it and playing everyone on. He's a decent player but not at the level we want to be at, and feels like one of VERY few players that haven't kicked on under Emery.

With Cash, I'm not sure he's intelligent enough to accommodate Emery's instructions.  He has always made poor decisions, and just can't seem to help himself from making stupid fouls. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

We're just not quite there - a half second off sharp.

We look bright whenever Diaby gets on it, but Watkins has been subdued and Bailey largely forced into a defensive role.

McGinn and Kamara are battling and Doug got better as the game went on, but he started really poorly and Kamara has started giving the ball away a lot.

Konsa and Pau look solid enough - such a shame for Ty, he's worked so hard under Emery and improved a great deal - to have a setback at this stage is terrible for him.

Digne and Cash have been sort of okay - not an easy game for either of them - we really, really, really need Digne to avoid a second yellow.

Your post is missing the words “abysmal”, “diabolical”, “shocking”, “horrendous”, “terrible”, “embarrassing” and “disgusting”.

4/10 would not read on VT. 

• Like 1