Nicolò Zaniolo

Delphinho123

If he shows enough between now and the end of the season, we get champions league and is happy to stay and fight for a first team place I’d love him to sign. 

3 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Are you trying to claim he's not been giving his all until now?

Not in the slightest, i've been a fan of his all season. Merely commenting that this is the some of time that can move a player up a gear.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, avfc1982am said:

Ohhh..... so now Zaniolo just won't play at the top level with us, not in general like your previous post. Zaniolo is 24 not late 20's, he's had 2 years already out the game due to injuries and still come back. He may never be the player he once was but he may also have his best years in front of him. Rogers may never get anywhere near that level but it's still okay to dismiss the loanee for no reason other than to criticise him. 

You're okay, insulting and criticising others but can't take a little yourself. I get it! 

But nobody dismissed him off hand, I think most were excited when he signed. He played over 1000 minutes this season so far,  so he was given a fair crack to impress.

I think we just need to trust the manager on that, if he fancies to start Rogers over Zaniolo there must be a reason for that.

5 minutes ago, Czarnikjak said:

But nobody dismissed him off hand, I think most were excited when he signed. He played over 1000 minutes this season so far,  so he was given a fair crack to impress.

I think we just need to trust the manager on that, if he fancies to start Rogers over Zaniolo there must be a reason for that.

I really think there's a uniqueness about him that is different to anyone else in the squad. Hopefully, the last two appearances have instilled in him the self - confidence to express that uniqueness. 

4 hours ago, Newry_Villan said:

Watkins has been guilty of doing this as recently as a couple of months back. I'll go check his thread for consistency in your judgement  

Sorry - I’m not sure I know what you mean ?

Aside from all that's been said.

Are people just assuming his gestures were at Villa fans... Due to the snippets of said fans wearing Claret and Blue?

Is anyone going to point out the obvious? 😂

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Czarnikjak said:

He is not playing well though. He has not played well all season. Scoring one goal doesn't equal playing well.

Currently there's not much between him and Rogers, both are big downgrade from peak Ramsay. 

Rogers has a future at this club, Zaniolo clearly doesn't (otherwise Emery would start him)

He doesn't start Diaby, doesn't mean he has no future. Lenglet wasn't getting a game earlier in the season but now there's talk of him staying. Zanilolo has done enough in the last couple of games to get the nod over Rodgers. Wouldn't it benefit us if Zanilolo suddenly found his mojo and started playing the way many know he can? I would think any Villa supporter likes the idea of that scenario. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Are people just assuming his gestures were at Villa fans... Due to the snippets of said fans wearing Claret and Blue?

You might well have a decent point here JV  perhaps it was the camera angle, making it look as though it was aimed at our lot.

• Like 1

He has done nowhere near enough yet to earn a whacking four year contract at Villa.  There is a player in there somewhere, but we have to look very deep to find him.  Has scored three nice goals but has to show a bit more consistency before we pay the kind of money they will want for him. 

Edited by STO

7 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Absolutely not if Ramsey is fit :D 

I really hope Ramsey is available for Wolves, but no need to rush him back into the starting 11. Zaniolo has played very well in his last two sub appearances, first in that horrendous defeat against Spurs when we only had 10 men he looked the only decent player on the pitch and then scores an important goal against West Ham to salvage a point. Even when he was struggling earlier in the season (understandable as he was new to the league) we won 5 of the 7 games he started this season, 3 of them against top half teams. We cannot seem to beat top half teams this calendar year so it's time we changed something in the lineup to make that happen. 

Emery hasn't been getting his starting lineup right recently, we need to beat Wolves and if we start the match with the right players in from the start I think we will. Put Zaniolo in the 10, play Bailey and Diaby either side of him behind Watkins, and maybe even play Tim instead of Tielemans alongside Luiz so that Luiz can go forward a bit more. An attacking lineup but one that is very capable of blowing Wolves away. Then in defence stop playing Konsa right back, play him centrally with Torres, bring Cash back in who has been excellent, and play Digne instead of Moreno. That is our best and most balanced back 4.

Rogers and Duran aren't at the level yet to be starting games for us, have them on the bench and bring them on later if needs be. Zaniolo and Diaby deserve to be in the team and will win us games. 

• Like 2

He’s also a red card waiting to happen.  Plays a few minutes here and there and has 11 yellow cards. Equal with Dougie who has played nearly 3 times more minutes. Imagine if he played more.

Was lucky to not get send off for throwing the ball away against West Ham.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s also a red card waiting to happen.  Plays a few minutes here and there and has 11 yellow cards. Equal with Dougie who has played nearly 3 times more minutes. Imagine if he played more.

Was lucky to not get send off for throwing the ball away against West Ham.

They are nearly always stupid yellow cards as well

15 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Calm down David Cameron.

• Haha 1

Â